1962 Chevrolet 409 Engine Asy 409HP Rebuilt Intake to Pan with Dual Quad Carbs For Sale
This item has been shown 7775 times.
1962 Chevrolet 409 Engine Asy 409HP Rebuilt Intake to Pan with Dual Quad Carbs:
409 Engine Asy 409HP Rebuilt Intake to Pan with Dual Quad Carbs
Tracy Listing #:2538Condition:UsedPart Brand:GM, General Motors[OEM] Manufacturer:General MotorsInterchange Part #:Chevrolet
, ChevyCasting #:3788068Casting Date:A 26 62 (Jan 26, 1962)Surface Finish:Painted Chevy OrangeColor:Chevy Engine OrangePlacement:FrontPlacement Details:Engine CompartmentCorvette Series:Not Corvette
This Listing is for a Recently Rebuilt High Performance 409 Engine Assembly, GM Part Number3788068 Block, Dated: A 26 62, (Jan 26, 1962), 409 Horsepower.
This Engine Asy Includes: Intake to Pan with Balancer and Timing Cover on the Front, Valve Covers, Dual Quad Carburetors, Distributor, Water Pump, and Flywheel (3914690 High Performance Heads Original and Rebuilt,Original Dual Quad 3814881 Aluminum Intake,Rebuilt 3361S and 3362S Carbs).
Does NOT include External Accessories: Exhaust Manifolds, Air Cleaner, Starter, Fuel Pump, Generator, Pulleys. These are All Available at Extra Cost if Needed.
This engine has been fired up for testing purposes, but never installed in a car.
The following is our typical rebuild process for most engines, which may vary depending upon exact build specs:
- Strip all the engine parts down to bare pieces.
- Take the cam bearings, freeze plugs, and oil galley plugs out of the block and disassemble the heads and remove everything off of the intake including the heat shield on the bottom, if it has one.
- Cook the block, heads and intake, followed by shot blast, tumbling, clean, magnaflux, visually inspection, and measuring key dimensions.
- Mains are checked for straightness and bore size, and align-bore the mains if necessary.
- Check the deck height and mill as required if it is not parallel and even to the crank centerline.
- Bore and hone the block to match the new pistons.
- Clean the block again and install the cam bearings, freeze plugs, cam plug, and oil galley plugs.
- Grind and/or polish the crankshaft.
- Check the connecting rods for straightness and magnaflux and recondition them.
- After all those items are cleaned, hang the pistons on the rods and mount the piston rings.
- Install the rear main seal, new main bearings, and lube and install the crankshaft - applying the proper torque to all the main bolts and check for proper crank end play.
- Lube and install the piston and rod assemblies with the new rod bearings and torque them properly and check for adequate end play.
- Index, lube, and install the camshaft, timing chain, sprockets and timing cover replacing the seals and gaskets.
- MIG weld the oil pickup screen to the oil pump at the correct angle and install the oil pump, the intermediate drive shaft and retainer.
- If it uses them, install the windage tray, studs and jam nuts.
- If Required, install thelower dipstick tube.
- Install pan gasket set, the oil pan, and oil pan plug.
This concludes the lower end of theshort block assembly.
- Head surfaces are checked for straightness, resurface it if necessary and recondition the heads as required, set the spring height, replace the seals and assemble the heads with new keepers.
- Cylinder head assemblies are bolted and tightened to the proper torque in the correct sequence on the top of the short block.
- Lifters are properly lubed and installed.
- Pushrods, rocker arms, balls and nuts are installed and adjusted.
- The valley breather is installed if it uses one.
This concludes the long block.
- The intake manifold is cleaned and the heat shield reattached if used.
- The intake is installed with new gaskets by tightening the bolts in the proper sequence to the proper torque.
- The valve covers are cleaned, painted if necessary and installed with new gaskets.
- The harmonic balancer is checked, sleeved if necessary and installed with the correct bolt and washer setup if used.
- All of the openings are now taped closed for painting and shipping.
- The engine is cleaned and painted as required.
- At this point, a pilot bushing is installed if it is for a manual transmission car.
The engine is now completely assembled less all external accessories and is prepared for shipping or pickup.
This item is shipped by truck and requires a commercial shipping address. A residential address can't be used.
This item can be picked up at our Corvette Parts and Service Center in Roseville, Michigan, (just Northeast of Detroit), to save truck freight shipping costs.
NOTE: Please see our other 409 engine assembly listings in our store titled:1961-1964 Chevy 409 Engine Assembly less External Accessories
Be sure to view our about page and click on the "Heart Icon" to Save this Seller and get updates on our newest listings in your feed.
Please email us with any questions on our products, services or shipping, and search the web for info on TracyVette to get more information about our merchandise. Thank you for your interest!
The information and pictures are the copyright of Tracy Performance!
Save Shipping Costs and Use Local Pickup:
You can save shipping costs and pick up your purchases at our retail store or our Michigan parts warehouse located in the Detroit Metro Area at Tracy Performance, 29069 Calahan Road, Roseville, Michigan 48066-1805 without shipping charges. Please contact us in advance for info on pickup days and hours. We have a fork lift to facilitate loading large or heavy items.
How to Contact Us:
Click the Contact seller link under the Seller Information section. Next, select a topic, or choose Other. Then, click the Contact the Seller button.
Buy with Confidence:
1. We now have over 15,500 positive response ratings as an buyer and seller!
2. VettePartsMan has been a continuous member since Feb 19, 1999, over 20 years!
3. We offer over 10,000 items for Corvette, Chevrolet
, Camaro, Classic & Muscle Car Owners!
4. We have also been in the Corvette parts business continuously since the late Sixties, over 50 years!
5. The "Tracy Performance Corvette Parts" Store is a Consistently Highly Rated Experienced Parts Seller!
We offer Corvette and Chevy customers NOS, new, used and rebuilt original, restored, reproduction, replacement parts, racing and speed equipment.
On occasion, some items listed may not be available for immediate shipment due to the fact that they may be in the manufacturing/remanufacturing process, on an incoming shipment, on national back order or sold out of our retail store. If this is the case, we will email you promptly with the information and your options. Please read the entire listing for more details.
Attention Corvette Owners, Bloomington Gold & NCRS Restorers & Chevy Enthusiasts:
Be sure you visit our Store Page to view our other listings and to follow us. You will see our new listings when they are published as we discover rare and NOS parts in our massive warehouse! Always check your specific application for proper fit before buying and see our pictures for specific details. Please check our other listings for more Chevy, Corvette, Camaro, Chevelle, Nova and Corvair engine, transmission, and drive train components. We also offer GM muscle car NOS, new, used, rebuilt and reproduction parts, speed equipment and racing parts.
If you are not satisfied for any reason, please contact us for a resolution before leaving response. We reserve the right to refuse sales to new buyers.
We Accept PayPal, Visa, MasterCard, Discover and American Express. Please contact us for payment methods if you wish to pay on pickup in Roseville Michigan.
NOTE: Please request a shipping quote if you are not located in the 48 continental states in the USA. Shipping quotes are required for Alaska, Hawaii, Canada, Mexico, Virgin Islands, Puerto Rico and all other overseas countries as they are more expensive than continental USA deliveries.
Small Items: Small items are usually shipped by UPS ground to insure and track the items properly. Smaller items are shipped Standard United States Postal Service or USPS Priority Mail.
Large Items: Items that are too large, (oversize), or too heavy for UPS and USPS will usually be shipped by ground with UPS Truck Freight, and require a commercial, (business), shipping address. These truck freight shipments come in a large semi trailer, usually on a 4' X 4' pallet and will require a fork lift or dock. We can deliver and hold them at a UPS Truck Freight Terminal in a metro area close to you.
Faster Shipping: If you require quicker delivery or have some other special shipping requests, you must contact us and request special shipping and approve the extra expense.
Multi-Item Shipping: Please let us know about multiple purchases and we will try to combine the shipping to save you money.
Please contact us as soon as possible if you have any problems. Returns must be shipped back prepaid and require preapproval with our "Return Material Authorization" Number written on the outside of the package.
Rebuilt Original High Performance 409 Engine Assembly Original High Performance Heads Original Dual Quad 3814881 Bare Aluminum Intake casting numbers 3788068 3844422 3830814 3857656 Chevy Chevrolet