Jaguar once introduced a new conceptual version of the F-Type last year at the Goodwood Festival of Speed, paying tribute to the wonderful and classic D-Type.
At this year’s Festival gathering Jaguar introduced a production version of the F-Type Project 7 Concept and this past weekend at the Pebble Beach Concours d’Elegance, the Coventry-based automaker brought the model stateside to showcase the unique F-Type and its $165,000 price tag at some of the most affluent customers.
As a refresher, the Jaguar F-Type Project 7 comes with a beefed up 5.0L third-generation AJ-V8 good for 575hp, making it the most powerful Jaguar ever built–more than the classic and super-rare XJ220 and XJR-15 supercars from the 1990s. The Project 7 is built as a new model designed to commemorate one of the brand’s first models developed with Jaguar-Land Rover’s new Special Operations Division.
For full details, check out the press release after the jump.
Jaguar Reveals U.S. Spec F-TYPE Project 7 Vehicle At Pebble Beach
Friday, August 15, 2014 Article
- Named in honor of seven Jaguar wins at Le Mans, the F-TYPE Project 7 is a road-legal two-seater inspired by the Jaguar D-Type
- Created by the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations (SVO) team, F-TYPE Project 7 will be a limited production vehicle
- Powered by a 575hp 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine, F-TYPE Project 7 is capable of accelerating 0-60mph in 3.8 seconds with an electronically-limited top speed of 186mph
- F-TYPE Project 7 will be available in two standard colors – Glacier White and Ultra Blue. British Racing Green, Ultimate Black and Caldera Red will also be available as optional upgrades
- Customer deliveries will start in Spring 2015
- US Pricing starting at $165,000
(MAHWAH, N.J.) – August 14, 2014 – Last night, the U.S. production version of the F-TYPE Project 7 was unveiled at the exclusive Jaguar Land Rover Pebble Beach Kick-Off event in California. Named to reflect seven Jaguar overall wins at the 24 Hours of Le Mans, F-TYPE Project 7 is inspired by the Jaguar D-Type which celebrates its 60thanniversary this year.
Created by the Jaguar Land Rover Special Vehicle Operations team, the F-TYPE Project 7 will be a limited production all-aluminum, fully road-legal two-seater roadster with bespoke aerodynamic aids. To further emphasize the Jaguar racing heritage, the vehicle will feature a 575hp 5.0 liter supercharged V8 engine with a 0-60mph acceleration time of 3.8 seconds and an electronically-limited top speed of 186mph.
The F-TYPE Project 7 will come to market in two standard color schemes – Glacier White, a metallic white which is the feature color for the model and Ultra Blue, a metallic take on French Racing Blue and the signature color of the Jaguar Land Rover SVO team. British Racing Green, Ultimate Black and Caldera Red will also be available as optional upgrades.
For more information on F-TYPE Project 7 visit: www.JaguarUSA.com/FTYPEProject7
1Always follow local speed limits
2 Price shown is MSRP. Excludes $925 destination and delivery fee. Excludes taxes, title, license and retailer fees all due at signing and optional equipment. Retailer price, terms and vehicle availability may vary. See your local authorized Jaguar Retailer for details.
# # #