Honda has been rumored to be introducing a new subcompact sports convertible, which gets its power sent to the rear wheels. These rumors apparently have reigned true as the Japanese automaker has just revealed the new Honda S660 Roadster Concept, which harks back to the days of the classic Civic del Sol.
Sure, it does hint at a slight S2000 successor, though the S2000 wasn’t exactly a subcompact roadster, rather than a compact roadster. That said, there still leaves the possibility of a new S2000 roadster…but I digress.
Alas, the 2013 Honda S660 Roadster, which is the new compact sports roadster that was rumored. Not much detail was spared, nor was there any inclination as to whether this car has any possibility of reaching our shores. But do you think it would work here? Let us know in the comments section.
Honda Announces Models to be Shown at 43rd Tokyo Motor Show 2013
Honda Motor Co., Ltd today announced its line-up of production and concept models, including automobiles, motorcycles, power products and other highlights, ahead of the 43rd Tokyo Motor Show 2013, which will take place at Tokyo Big Sight from 20th November 2013.
Highlights on the Honda stand will include the Honda S660 CONCEPT, an open-top sports-type mini-vehicle, the world premiere of the production model of the URBAN SUV CONCEPT and the Japan premiere of the NSX CONCEPT, the next-generation super sports model.
Honda will also exhibit the all-new UNI-CUB, a personal mobility device developed under the theme of “harmony with people”; the world premiere of the N-WGN, the fourth model of the N Series of mini-vehicles; and a number of mass-production models, including the highly acclaimed all-new Accord Plug-in Hybrid and the Fit equipped with Earth Dreams Technology.
In the motorcycle area several planned production models will be exhibited, including the DUNK, a new style 50 cc scooter made for the Japanese market, equipped with a newly-developed liquid-cooled engine.
Overview of further highlights on the Honda stand:
● RA271 – Honda’s first F1 machine raced in the Formula One World Championship in 1964.
●MC-β – A micro-sized short distance EV commuter which will be used in field tests jointly with local governments. The model will be exhibited at the SMART MOBILITY CITY 2013.
● Sports 360 -The first automobile Honda showed to the public in 1962. Based on this small sports model the S500- Honda’s first sports car- S600 and S800 were then mass-produced. It can be said that this model is the starting point of Honda’s automobile business. (replica model)
Planned production models:
● CB1300 Super BOL D’OR
● CB400 Super BOL D’OR
● CB400 Super Four
Custom concept models:
● DUNK Custom Concept
● Cross Cub Custom Concept
● RC142 -Honda’s first machine raced in the Isle of Man TT Race in 1959, 125 cc. (replica model)
● RC213V -Raced in 2013 Road Racing World Championship MotoGP Class.
● CRF450 RALLY -Will be raced in 2014 Dakar Rally- Argentina, Bolivia, Chile.
● CBR250R Sports base model.(Dedicated racing model)
● Super Cub C100 -The first model of The Super Cub 50 produced in 1959.
● F90 tiller -Honda’s first full-fledged heavyweight tiller equipped with air-cooled diesel engine. This model was introduced to the market in 1966.
● Miimo robotic lawn mower- developed exclusively for European market.
● All-new UNI-CUB