Volkswagen announces R-Line package for seventh gen Golf in Europe
Volkswagen recently announced a new package lineup for the seventh generation Golf. The package line utilizes VW’s “R Line” performance packaging, which is specifically geared towards those who just aren’t quite ready to make the jump to the full-on R models, such as the Golf R.
The package of course includes a series of visual upgrades such as more aggressive front and rear fascias, side skirts, a gloss-black grille, and a standard rear-deck spoiler. The changes follow on the inside as well with two-tone sport seats, a flat-bottomed steering wheel, and aluminum trimming all about, just to name a few.
Click here for more news on the Volkswagen Golf.
Performance also receives a bump with upgraded suspension and steering, tinted rear and side windows, and 17- or 18-inch alloy runners.
No word on whether or not the US will receive the Golf R-Line. However, we already receive the Passat CC in R-Line form, so there’s a chance our Golf will also receive the R-Line packaging. However, obviously, only time will tell.
For full details, check out the press release after the jump.
The new Golf R-Line packages complement the sporty offering from Volkswagen
Wolfsburg, 25 April 2013 – The range for the Gulf is extended by three new, designed by Volkswagen R GmbH R-Line packages. They emphasize the sporty design and are now available as optional R-Line “Exterior” package R-Line ‘interior’ pack and R-Line Sport Package for order.
The R-Line “Exterior” package emphasizes the striking appearance of the Gulf and provides the following facilities:
– Rear spoiler in body color
– Fog lights
– radiator grille with “R-Line” logo
– R-Line specific grille, gloss black
– R-Line front and rear bumpers with “R” styling
– flared sills
– Sporty, black painted diffuser for visible and no visible exhaust pipes
The package is available for the Highline equipment lines for the price of 995 euros and Comfortline for the price of 1180 euros.
The R-Line ‘interior’ pack ensures the interior an especially sporty feel and includes:
– Inlays in aluminum look “Black Lead Grey” for the dashboard and door panels
– door sills front in stainless steel
– Black headliner
– pedal caps in stainless steel
– sport seating system in the fabric pattern “Race”, cheek insides in microfiber “San Remo”, “R-Line” logo in the front seat
– Ambient lighting
– leather sports multifunction steering wheel with “R-Line” logo and decorative stitching in Crystal Grey
– Gear lever knob in leather, switching tulip and center armrest with decorative stitching in crystal gray
– “R-Line” logo on the Home screen
The package is available for the Highline equipment lines for the price of 640 euros and Comfortline at a price of 945 euros.
Alternatively, the leather “Vienna” for the R-Line interior “package offered (for Highline for the price of 1755 euros and Comfortline for a price of 2115 euros).
The optionally available R-Line Sport Package provides a particularly dynamic driving experience and consists of:
– Sports suspension
– Progressive Steering
– darkened side windows and rear window
The R-Line Sport Package costs € 430 and is available for the equipment lines Comfortline and Highline.
The offer is completed by the Volkswagen R GmbH, the new 17 – and 18-inch alloy wheels “Salvador”, the packages are compatible with all R-Line.
– By: Chris Chin