The 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid sedan has been unveiled and will join the model lineup in early 2013 and will also be followed up by a conventional hybrid version in the summer of 2013.
Based on the new Honda Accord sedan, the Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid has the ability to run on all-electric mode for up to 10 to 15 miles with a total driving range of over 500 miles. Honda said that it expects the plug-in hybrid version of the Accord to average more than 100 MPGe and is also expects it to receive an Enhanced AT-PZEV rating from the California Air Resources Board (CARB).
Check out more news on the Honda Accord.
Power for the 2014 Honda Accord Plug-in hybrid comes from a Earth Dreams (we know it’s corny) i-VTEC 2.0 liter 4-cylinder Atkinson-gasoline engine mated to a two-motor hybrid drive system. While the engine makes a maximum 137-hp, the hybrid system features a 124 kW electric-motor powered by a 6.7 kWh Li-ion battery pack. Together, the system produces a total output of 196-hp.
Charging the Honda Accord Plug-in Hybrid takes less than three hours using a standard 120-volt household electrical outlet, and in less than one hour using a 240-volt charger. Of course, like most EVs, the plug-in Accord comes with a free HondaLink EV smartphone application that allows owners to easily monitor the charging state.
Based on the Honda Accord Touring the 2014 Accord Plug-in Hybrid comes standard with a bunch of equipment (check out the list after the jump), two standard Accord shades (White Orchid Pearl, Crystal Black Pearl) plus a model-exclusive Burnished Silver Metallic exterior color choice, weight-saving aluminum hood, 17-inch forged alloy wheels, a unique front bumper along with enhanced underbody aerodynamic treatments.
Pricing will be announced closer to launch.
- Bluetooth® HandsFreeLink®
- USB/iPod® connectivity
- Dual-zone automatic climate control
- Pandora® internet radio compatibility
- Smart Start and Smart Entry
- Honda LaneWatch™
- Honda Satellite-Linked Navigation System™ with Voice Recognition2
- Multi-view rearview camera
- HondaLink™ EV telematics system
- Heated front seats
- Auto-dimming rearview mirror
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel
- Driver’s 10-way power seat with 2-position memory
- Intelligent Multi-Information Display (i-MID)
- Audio with touchscreen interface
- Forward Collision Warning (FCW)
- Lane Departure Warning (LDW)
- Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC)
- Bio-Fabric seating surfaces
- Expanded-view driver’s mirror
- LED mirror-mounted turn signals
- LED Daytime Running Lights (DRL)
- LED headlights
- Fog lights
- Chrome-plated door handles
- Decklid spoiler
– By: Omar Rana