The Jeep Grand Cherokee will feature two new capable models for the 2013 model year – the Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Wrangler Moab editions. Both models feature off-road equipment never before offered on a production Jeep vehicle.
“With the Wrangler and Grand Cherokee, Jeep offers the most capable SUVs on the planet,” said Mike Manley, President and CEO – Jeep Brand, Chrysler Group LLC. “The new Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Wrangler Moab models take our legendary Jeep capability to new heights, offering even more off-road features and performance, without sacrificing everyday comfort and drivability.
The 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is available with a V-6 or V-8 engine and includes the following capability-enhancing equipment:
- 18-inch Goodyear Silent Armor all-terrain tires with Kevlar reinforcement
- Solid steel rock rail body protection
- Quadra-Lift air suspension, with nearly 11 inches of ground clearance
- Selec-Terrain traction control system with five settings: Snow, Rock, Sand/Mud, Sport and Auto
- A Rear Electronic Limited-slip Differential (ELSD, V-8) that can transfer up to 100% of engine’s torque to one rear wheel in order to keep the Jeep moving forward even in the most extreme situations
- Quadra-Track II or Quadra-Drive II (V-8) with a two-speed transfer case to help conquer the toughest obstacles
- The 2013 Grand Cherokee Trailhawk is available in Bright White, Brilliant Black, Mineral Gray, Maximum Steel and Deep Cherry Red.
Off-road modifications to the 2013 Wrangler Sahara model to create the Moab edition include:
- 17-inch Rubicon alloy wheels painted gloss black and wearing new 245/75R17 Goodyear Silent Armor off-road tires with Kevlar reinforcement.
- A standard Trac-Lok anti-spin rear differential with an available electronic rear locking differential
- Winch-ready steel bumpers and premium rock rails.
- The Jeep Wrangler Moab is available as a two-door Wrangler or four-door Wrangler Unlimited model and is offered in Crush, Dozer, Rock Lobster, Gecko, Black and Bright White exterior colors.
The limited-edition Jeep Grand Cherokee Trailhawk and Wrangler Moab models arrive in showrooms in October.
– By: Omar Rana