General Motors has just dropped the retail price details for the new 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS. Prices start at $20,995, including destination for the Sonic RS with a 6-speed manual and $22,280 for the model with a 6-speed automatic transmission.
Check out more news on the Chevrolet Sonic.
Power for the 2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS comes from the same 138-hp Ecotec 1.4 liter turbo engine in the model that is currently available at dealers.
Production begins in October at General Motors’ Orion (Mich.) Assembly Center, which received a $545-million investment in upgrades and retooling, helping create or retain approximately 1,800 jobs in the metropolitan Detroit area. Sonic is the only subcompact built in the United States.
Sonic RS exterior features
The front fascia of the Sonic RS has a deep air dam design. Vertical intakes at the edges of the fascia reinforce the wide, low proportion and house the fog lamps. Other features include:
- New RS-specific grille
- New rear fascia
- New rear spoiler
- New rocker moldings
- Bright exhaust outlet
- Unique 17-inch five-spoke wheel design
- Lowered and stiffened suspension with performance-tuned dampers
- RS badging
- A power, tilt-sliding sunroof with express-open and wind deflector feature is available.
Exterior colors include Victory Red, Summit White, Cyber Gray Metallic and Black Granite Metallic.
Sonic RS interior features
The performance theme continues into the cabin with a Jet Black interior exclusive to RS. Features include:
- Leather-appointed front bucket seats with sueded microfiber inserts and red RS accents
- New sport three-spoke, leather-wrapped steering wheel with contrasting stitching and racing-inspired flat-bottom design
- New, leather-wrapped shifter knob with red stitching (manual transmission)
- New aluminum sport pedals
- Specific instrument panel cluster graphics
- Standard Chevrolet MyLink.
– By: Omar Rana