General Motors has announced that Chevrolet Volt owners have collectively saved a supertanker of gas since the plug-in hybrid car went on sale. Owners have collectively traveled 40 million miles on electricity, avoiding more than 2.1 million gallons of gasoline – very impressive.
Read our review on the Chevrolet Volt.
“With each click of the odometer, Chevrolet Volt owners are measuring their contribution to reducing America’s dependence on foreign oil and to preserving the environment,” said Cristi Landy, Chevrolet Volt marketing director. “Volt owners are also saving at the fuel pump with more than $8 million in combined savings.”
Check out more news on the Chevrolet Volt.
40 Million Total Electric Miles (EV) driven equivalent to:
- 16,373 trips across the United States (2,443 miles from New York to Los Angeles)
- 1,606 trips around the Earth (24,901 miles each)
- 167 trips to the Moon (238,657 miles each)
2,130,000 Gallons of Gas Saved equivalent to:
- 50,714 barrels of gas saved (42 gallons of gas per barrel)
- $8,000,000 saved at the gas pump (based on $3.80/gallon of gas)
- 387 U.S. semi-truck tankers of gas saved (5,500 gallons of gas each)
- One supertanker of gas saved (2 million gallons of gas)
– By: Omar Rana