BMW announced today the new M Performance Parts designed for the new 2012 BWW 3 Series sedan and 2011-2012 5 Series.
BMW M Performance Parts are the result of years of racing expertise and have been developed in close collabo with BMW M GmbH. Each part goes through an intensive development and manufacturing process which results in some pretty strong performance.
Click here for more news on the BMW 3-Series.
The BMW M Performance Parts for the 2012 BMW 3-Series and 5-Series include:
- 20-inch forged alloy wheel.
- Brembo Brake kit with 4-piston aluminum fixed calipers on the front axle and 2-piston aluminum fixed calipers on the rear axle. Painted caliper colors include M Performance Red, Yellow or Orange.
- High-gloss black kidney grille.
- Sport stripes.
- Carbon fiber mirror caps.
- Motorsport derived steering wheel.
- Carbon fiber and Alcantara interior trim set.
- Carbon fiber gear shift knob and selector lever is available for vehicles with manual or automatic transmissions.
- Stainless steel exhaust system
All products installed on or in the vehicle carry a BMW 4 year/ 50,000 mile warranty on the items if installed prior to delivery of the new vehicle.
Refresher: The 2012 BMW 3 Series three trim levels including Sport Line, Luxury Line and Modern Line – of course, an M Sport Package will follow. The 2012 BMW 328i is powered by a 2.0 liter TwinPower Turbo 4-cylinder engine making 240-hp at 5,000 rpm and 260 lb-ft of torque between 1,250 and 4,800 rpm. That allows 0 to 60 mph to come in just 5.7 seconds with a top speed of 130 mph (155 mph with Sport Line package). Power for the 2012 BMW 335i comes from the same N55 3.0 liter 6-cylinder TwinPower Turbo engine making 300-hp at 5,800 rpm with a maximum torque of 300 lb-ft between 1,200 rpm and 5,000 rpm. 0 to 60 mph comes in 5.4 seconds with a top speed of 130 mph (and 155 mph with Sport Line package).
– By: Omar Rana