Following yesterday’s return of our Top 10 things you need to know about car ‘x’ with the Scion FR-S, we keep the momentum going today with the new 2013 Dodge Dart. The 2013 Dodge Dart will be hitting dealerships nationwide within the next couple of things, but before you decide to go buy one, check out our list.
Top 10 things you need to know about the 2013 Dodge Dart:
- Forget everything you knew the Dodge Dart to be in the past – it is no longer a mid-sized sedan or a sports coupe, it is now a compact sedan that competes with the likes of the Honda Civic, Chevrolet Cruze, Mazda3, Volkswagen Jetta and Toyota Corolla.
- It has an Italian DNA. The 2013 Dodge Dart replaces the Caliber and sits on a stretched and widened version of the platform used in Alfa Romeo Giulietta by Fiat Group.
- Engine choices include: 1.4 liter 4-cylinder turbo MultiAir engine making 160-hp and 184 lb-ft of torque; 2.0 liter 4-cylinder engine making 160-hp and 145 lb-ft of torque; 2.4 liter 4-cylinder TigerShark MultiAir 4-cylinder making 184-hp and 171 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission choices include a 6-speed manual and a 6-speed dual-clutch automatic with manual-shift mode.
- 0 to 60 mph for the 160-hp engine options comes in 7.6 seconds with a top speed of 130 mph.
- There is a $199.99 in-vehicle wireless charging option for your mobile devices. The option features an integrated power bin measuring 8.27 inches by 9.5 inches by 3.25 inches. A special phone case, specifically designed for a variety of smartphones, is required and included. Very cool option. Learn more here.
- There are apparently over 100,000 ways to personalize it with 14 interior combinations, 12 exterior colors, and six wheel choices and the ability to add over 150 Mopar accessories.
- There is no Dodge Dart SRT4 version planned yet, but you can opt for a Dodge Dart GTS 210 by Mopar, which makes… you guessed it – 210-hp.
- EPA rated fuel-economy comes in at: 25/36 mpg (city/highway) and 29 combined for the 2.0-liter Tigershark; 27/39 mpg and 39 mpg combined for the 1.4 liter MultAir; Dodge will introduce a Dodge Dart ‘Aero’ model in the 3rd quarter 2012 that is estimated to hit 41 mpg on the highway.
- The 2013 Dodge Dart will be available in 5 trim levels: SE, SXT, Rallye, Limited and R/T. Prices start at $15,995 for the SE, $17,995 for the SXT, $18,995 for the Rallye; $19,995 for the Limited and $22,495 for the R/T.
Click here for more news on the Dodge Dart.
– By: Omar Rana