We all know that Mazda is currently working on an RX successor that will continue donning that company’s spiritually traditional rotary Wankel engine. But those who are too impatient to wait until the new RX comes out and still want a rotary powered Mazda are still in luck! Mazda has officially announced that they will be producing an extra 1,000 limited edition RX-8 Spirit R’s.
Due to high demand, the Mazda RX-8’s death scheduling was revoked for the extra units. The RX-8 will now cease production by June of this year.
Separating the limited edition RX-8 Spirit R from the standard version are some minor tidbits both inside and out. Recaro Sprint R buckets, a leather wrapped steering wheel, and piano black transmission tunnel trim help complement the interior. On the outside, the RX-8 receives larger brakes with red calipers, an enhanced traction control system, and 19-inch bronze-painted forged aluminum wheels.
The RX-8 Spirit R can be had in three body colors: Aluminum Metallic, Sparkling Black Mica, and Crystal White Pearl.
Check out the full details below.
Special equipment for RX-8 SPIRIT R
For both manual and automatic transmission models
– Exclusive ornament
– Front headlights, front fog lights and rear combination lights (with black bezels)
– Front and rear brake calipers (red)
– Larger brake rotors
– Transmission tunnel trim (piano-black)
– Curtain and front side SRS airbag system
– Driving Stability Control and Traction Control System
– Leather-wrapped steering wheel (black with red stitching)
– Leather-wrapped parking brake lever (with red stitching)
– Center console box with front seat armrest (synthetic leather with red stitching)
– Rear console box with a lid (with synthetic leather)
Exclusive to the 6-speed manual transmission model
– Bucket seats from RECARO (red and black leather* and fabric)
– Hard suspension (with Bilstein dampers)
– 225/40R19 89W tires and 19-inch forged aluminum wheels (bronze)
– Aero parts
– Aluminum pedal set
– Leather-wrapped shift knob (black with red stitching)
Exclusive to the 6-speed electronically-controlled automatic transmission model
– Black leather seats (with red stitching)* and 8-way power seat with memory function
– Sports suspension
– 225/45R18 91W tires and 18-inch alloy wheels (gun metallic)
– Heated front seats
– Leather-wrapped shift knob (black)
– By: Chris Chin