We’re guessing Toyota and Subaru will eventually offer a drop-top version of their new rear-wheel-drive sports car (known to us as the Scion FR-S). Even before Toyota and Subaru confirm the idea of that a convertible GT 86/BRZ/FR-S, a coach builder by the name of Cartel Customs has unveiled a speedster version of the Scion FR-S at a Formula Drift event in Long Beach, California.
Check out more news on the Scion FR-S.
Cartel Customs takes a regular Scion FR-S and chops the top off and pulls out most of the interior to make room for a two-seat configuration with a mid-mounted instrument panel.
Refresher: Power for the Scion FR-S comes from a 2.0 liter naturally-aspirated 4-cylinder horizontally opposed engine with Toyota’s D-4S injection system. The engine makes 200-hp at 7,000 rpm with a maximum torque of 151 lb-ft at 6,600 rpm. Its mated to a 6-speed manual or a 6-speed automatic. Fuel-economy comes in at 25/34 mpg (city/highway) and 28 mpg combined. Prices start at $24,930.
• Flat 2.0L Boxer Engine (200HP @ 7,000 RPM & 151 LB-FT @ 6,100 RPM)
• 6 Speed Transmission
• TORCO Synthetic SR-5 Racing Oil
• ACT CLUTCH
• GReddy SP Elite Exhaust System
• KW Suspensions Clubsport Coilovers equipped With Independent Rebound & Compression Adjustability.
• Wilwood SUPERLITE 6 piston radial mount calipers in custom Red on 13” SRP drilled and slotted two piece rotors & BP -10 Wilwood Smart Pads
• Wilwood Dynapro 4 piston calipers in custom Red on 12.19” SRP drilled and slotted two piece rotors & BP-10 Wilwood Smart Pads.
Wheels & Tires
• Front 18 x 8.0 Forge Line Center Lock Wheels
• Rear 18x 9.5 Forge Line Center Lock Wheels
• Front 225 /40 /18 TOYO Proxes R888
• Rear 245 /40 /18 TOYO Proxes R888
• Cartel Traditional Signature Series Chop Top
• Modified Front Fenders & Hood
• Custom Molded Rear Deck With Hand Made Sheet Metal Speed Blisters
• Custom Metal Fabrication Interior & Exterior Panels
• APR PERFORMANCE CUSTOM 61” CARBON FIBER WING
• House Of Colors White Base Paint with Euro Red Two Tone Top & hand laid graphics threw out.
• Custom Formed & Cut Glass Front Windshield & Side Door Glass
• Racing Red & Super White Accents Seats, Dash & Center Console (Elegance Auto Interiors)
• Customs Shaped Metal Door Panels With Carbon Fiber Inserts
• Carbon Rear Panel False Wall.
• Modified Dash Center Drive Gage Cluster & Carbon Switch Panel
– By: Omar Rana