Mercedes-Benz has quite a show planned for the 2012 New York Auto Show next month. Along the new 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL65 AMG, Benz will be shooing then new 2013 GL-Class, G-Class and this right here – the 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK-Class.
The new Mercedes-Benz GLK has been totally redesigned for the 2013 model year – giving it a more dynamic look the compete with the new BMW X3 and the Audi Q5. Mercedes-Benz says it also gets a bunch of new high-quality material and equipment, fully redesigned trim and new infotainment systems – nearly 1,000 new parts in total.
“In the GLK, we have a dynamic lifestyle SUV offering a winning combination of intelligent technology and character in abundance,” says Dr. Joachim Schmidt, Head of Sales and Marketing for Mercedes-Benz Cars. “It will further bolster our SUV portfolio, making a vital contribution to Mercedes-Benz’s global growth in this market segment.”
The 2013 Mercedes-Benz GLK lineup will consist of the GLK350 making 302-hp and for the first time, the GLK250 BlueTEC will come to the united states with a 190-hp 4-cylinder diesel engine. Mated to a 7-speed transmission the GLK350 goes from 0-60 mph in 6.5 seconds with a top speed is 130 mph – obviously the GLK250 BlueTEC will be much slower.
We like what we see.
Hit the jump for a quick reference guide.
- Summer 2012 – 2013 GLK350: 302-hp, 273 lb-ft (Previously 268hp, 258 lb-ft).
- Summer 2012 – 2013 GLK350 4MATIC: 302-hp, 273 lb-ft (Previously 268hp, 258 lb-ft).
- Early 2013 – 2013 GLK250 BlueTEC 4MATIC: 190-hp, 369 lb-ft.
- Premium leather multifunction steering wheel with shift paddles.
- Dual-zone automatic climate control with dust filter
- 8-way power adjustable front seats
- 4.5-inch color display in the instrument cluster. New upholstery colors and seat designs in a range of MB-Tex and leather are also offered, while the Full Leather Seating package includes interior ambient lighting featuring LED fiber-optic technology for the first time in the GLK.
- Full leather seating (including door panels in MB-Tex), the package also incorporates front passenger seat memory and comfort headrests (Heated front seats are available as a standalone option)
- 6-speaker sound system with an AM/FM radio, single CD player and MP3 capability, as well as a Bluetooth interface for hands-free calling and a central controller with a 5.8-inch color display.
- Multimedia package: Larger 7-inch display with a rearview camera, enhanced voice control and the COMAND system with hard-drive navigation. SIRIUSXM satellite radio and an iPod/MP3 media interface are included in the package or are available individually as standalone options.
- Harman Kardon Logic 7 surround sound system including 7-channel DSP amplifier and 2-channel booster with a total output of 510 W in conjunction with 12 high-performance speakers, Dolby Digital 5.1 and DTS.
- Lane Tracking package features Blind Spot Assist & Lane Keeping Assist, while the Driver Assistance package offers DISTRONIC PLUS with PRE-SAFE Brake, Brake Assist Plus, Active Blind Spot Assist & Active Lane Keeping Assist.
- PARKTRONIC with Active Parking Assist for automatic maneuvering in and out of parking spaces.
- AMG Styling Package for the GLK: A further wheel option is available with the AMG Styling Package for customers who appreciate that extra shot of sporty elegance. The 20-inch AMG 5-twin-spoke alloys are complemented by AMG front and rear skirts, AMG grille with two chrome louvers, AMG LED daytime running lights and aluminum roof rails.
– By: Omar Rana