The new 2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer has just made its world debut at a special event ahead of the 2012 Bangkok International Motor Show in Thailand. The model was first previewed by a concept at the 2011 Dubai Motor Show in the Middle East and is now ready to go on sale around the world, starting with Thailand in June – and no, by around the world we don’t mean the United States.
That’s right – the U.S. market will not be getting the new Chevrolet TrailBlazer and that kind of upsets us.
The new 2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer is based on a new global body-on-frame midsize truck architecture, that was designed to feature ride comfort and handling dynamics for urban and highway driving. Of course, the TrailBlazer also gets its off-loading capabilities.
On the inside, the new 2013 TrailBlazer gets a three-row, fold-flat seating with Chevrolet’s new design theme.
The 2013 Chevrolet TrailBlazer will be available in two or four-wheel-drive configurations and will be powered by GM’s new 4-cylinder Duramax turbo-diesel engine. The engine comes in 2.5 liter and 2.8 liter configurations making 150-hp and 180-hp respectively.
“True to its name, the Trailblazer will blaze the trail for new Chevrolet vehicles coming into the market. It has been built tough to offer Chevrolet customers everything they need from a heavy-duty SUV,” he said.
Want the 2013 TrailBlazer in the United States? Make your voice heard in the poll below.
- Electronic Stability Control
- Anti-lock Braking System
- Hydraulic Brake Assist
- Traction Control
- Dynamic Rear Brake Proportioning (first use of Rear Drive Brake in the market)
- Electronic Brake-force Distribution
- Panic Brake Assist
- Engine Drag Control
- Hill Descent Control
- Driver and Occupant Air Bag Protection
- Second row 60/40 split seats with single latch forward gravity tumble, fold-flat capability, and six-degree seat-back reclining with integrated folding armrests, incorporated with cup holders;
- Third row 50/50 split seats with center console storage and fold-flat capability;
- Flat floor storage from the front row rearward when all seats are folded to provide extreme load capability;
- Auxiliary power plug with USB and Bluetooth connectivity.
– By: Omar Rana