- Key Competitors: BMW 6-Series Convertible, Jaguar XK, Audi S5 Cabriolet, Porsche 911 Cabriolet, Aston Martin V8 Vantage Roadster.
- Power: Bi-Turbo 4.7L direct-injected V8 with stop/start 429 hp.
- Transmission: 7-speed automatic with steering wheel mounted shifters.
- Performance: 0-60 in 4.5 seconds (est.).
- Pricing: TBA.
- Availability: Spring 2012.
Mercedes-Benz earlier today revealed to the world one of their most iconic cars at the 2012 North American International Auto Show: the new 2013 Mercedes-Benz SL drop-top.
Overall, the Mercedes-Benz SL is now lighter, faster and better looking than the outgoing model and also features some new technology including the FrontBass feature – which turns the SL into a concert hall with the top up or down.
Prices for the model will be announced closer to launch.
All Photos Copyright © Omar Rana – egmCarTech.
– By: Omar Rana