Tesla, which has already starting taking orders for its new all-electric Model S sedan, has released all the details, options and pricing on the new model.
The rear-wheel-drive Tesla Model S sedan measures 195.9 inches in length, 77.3 inches in width, and 56.5 inches in height. It sits on a wheelbase measuring 116.5 inches. Inside, the Model S offers 39.8 inches of front head room, 36.6 inches of rear head room, 42 inches of from leg room and 36.7 inches of rear leg room. Tesla says that the Model S can comfortably seat 5 passengers with a luggage capacity of 28.7 cubic feet (with seats up).
Click here for more news on the Tesla Model S.
Alright let’s get to the more important part – the powertrain consists of a liquid-cooled, lithium-ion battery and a 3-phase, 4-pole AC induction with copper rotor electric-motor. There are three variants (Base, Signature and Performance) and three battery options to choose from.
- Tesla Model S 40 kWH: At 55 mph, estimated range for the model comes in at 160 miles with a 0 to 60 mph time of 6.5 seconds and a top speed of 110 mph. The Model S 40 kWh will enter production in winter 2012 with prices starting at $49,900. Tesla offers an 8-year, 100,000 mile warranty.
- Tesla Model S 60 kWH: Estimated range comes in at 230 miles with a 0 to 60 mph time of 5.9 seconds and a top speed of 120 mph. Production starts in Fall 2012 with prices starting at $59,900. Comes with an 8-year, 125,000 mile warranty.
- Tesla Model S 85 kWh: Estimated range of 300 miles with a 0 to 60 mph time of 5.6 seconds with a top speed of 125 mph. Production starts in summer 2012 with pricing starting at $69,900. Warranty comes in at 8-years, unlimited miles.
- Tesla Model S 85 kWh Performance: Estimated range of 300 miles with a 0 to 60 mph time of 4.4 seconds with a top speed of 130 mph. Production starts in sumer 2012 with the price tag to start at $79,900. Warranty is the same has the Tesla Model S 85 kWh base. The Tesla Model S Performance includes $5,000 worth of standard equipment including nappa leather interior, alcantara accents, carbon fiber decor, active air suspension and sport-tuned traction control. It also gets performance wheels and tires.
Options on the Tesla Model Include:
- Nappa Leather (on base models, standard on Model S Performance): $1,500.
- 17-inch touchscreen, 7-speaker sound system: Standard.
- Tech Package: Turn-by-turn navigation, power liftgate, keyless entry, rear-view camera, xenon headlamps, 16 GB hard drive, two rear USB ports, Homelink and more: $3,750.
- Sound Package: $950.
- Active Air Suspension (on base models, standard on Model S Performance): $1,500.
- Rear Facing Seats for 5-feet little kids: $1,500.
- All Glass Panoramic Roof: $1,500.
- Twin Chargers (provides 62 miles of range per hour of charge): $1,500.
- High Power Wall Charger: $1,200.
– By: Omar Rana