At the 2012 Detroit Auto Show next month, General Motors will unveil a hotter version of the Chevrolet Sonic that will be powered by the same 138-hp Ecotec 1.4 liter turbo engine in the model that is currently available at dealers. Known as the 2013 Chevrolet SOnic RS, the model will feature some sleek exterior and interior upgrades.
“The new Chevrolet Sonic RS pushes Chevrolet’s performance heritage in a new direction, for a new generation of drivers,” said Chris Perry, vice president of Global Chevrolet Marketing. “It takes the Sonic’s great design and latest connectivity features and combines them with a more performance-oriented look and feel.”
Click here for more news on the Chevrolet Sonic.
The Sonic RS will be offered exclusively as a 5-door hatch and will also feature Chevy’s MyLink infotainment system as a standard feature. Prices will be announced closer to launch date.
Hit the jump for the complete list of exterior and interior features.
2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS exterior features:
- New front fascia with new fog lamp design
- New RS-specific grille
- New rear fascia
- New rear spoiler
- New rocker moldings
- Unique mirror cap finish
- Retuned sport exhaust with chrome outlet
- Unique 17-inch five-spoke wheel design
- Lowered and stiffened suspension with performance-tuned dampers
- RS badging.
2013 Chevrolet Sonic RS interior features:
- New front sport seats
- New sport steering wheel with thicker rim and racing-inspired flat-bottom design
- New shifter knob (manual transmission)
- New aluminum sport pedals
- Specific instrument panel cluster graphics
- RS-specific interior trim color for the instrument panel and door trim inserts.
– By: Omar Rana