2011 LA Auto Show: Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG zooms into LA with 5.5 twin-turbo V8
- Key Competitors: BMW X5 M, Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT8, Infiniti FX50.
- Power: 5.5L Bi-Turbo V8 518-hp and 516 lb-ft.
- Transmission: 7-speed AMG SPEEDSHIFT PLUS automatic.
- Performance: 0-60 in 4.7 seconds, top speed electronically limited to 155 mph.
- Availability: First quarter of 2012.
- Pricing: TBA closer to launch date.
Mercedes-Benz unveiled its latest rendition of the hottest ML yet, the 2012 ML63 AMG, today at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show.
Powered by the brand’s 5.5L Bi-Turbo V8, the ML63 AMG churns out a whopping 518hp and 516 lb-ft of torque. The results are pretty straight forward, 0-60 in 4.7 seconds and a top speed electronically limited to 155 mph.
Click here for our original post on the 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML63 AMG.
Based on the new W166 ML, the ML63 AMG comes with a lot of new kit, which includes a new active roll stabilization system called ACTIVE CURVE SYSTEM. The system actively controls the anti-roll bars to better control the ML63’s body roll. Additionally, the chassis is about 99 pounds lighter than the outgoing W164 ML63.
– By: Chris Chin