- Key Competitors: BMW 550i, Mercedes E550.
- Power: Twin-turbocharged 4.0l TFSI V8 420 hp.
- Transmission: 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.
- Performance: 0-60 in 4.8 seconds for sedan, 155 mph electronically limited top speed.
- Pricing: TBA, but probably more than the A6.
- Availability: Spring 2012 (sedan only for the US).
Audi has just debuted its latest addition to the new generation of A6s for the North American market here at the 2011 LA Auto Show. While the 2012 A6, internally designated the Typ 4G or the C7, debuted with the company’s 3.0L supercharged V6, this latest version is the S6 sedan, which was unveiled to the world at the Frankfurt Auto Show earlier this year.
Powering the all-new S6 is Audi’s new 4.0L TFSI twin-turbocharged V8, producing the same 420hp as the outgoing naturally aspirated 4.2L V8 and 405 torques. The power is channeled through Audi’s seven-speed S-Tronic Transmission and the brand’s legendary Quattro all-wheel drive system.
Subtly separating the S6 sedan from its other siblings are more aggressive and standard 19-inch five-spoke aluminum wheels with seven different 19- and 20-inch wheel options. Additionally, the body was slightly reworked to be more aggressive.
All Photos Copyright © Omar Rana – egmCarTech.
– By: Chris Chin