- Key Competitors: Audi RS6, Mercedes S63 AMG.
- Power: Twin turbocharged 4.4L V8 560 hp.
- Transmission: 7-speed automated manual.
- Performance: 0-60 in 4.4s, 155 mph electronically limited top speed, 190 mph with M Driver’s Package.
- Pricing: TBA.
- Availability: Summer 2012.
One of the most anticipated cars of the year has finally made its North American debut today here at the 2011 Los Angeles Auto Show: the 2012 BMW F10 M5.
Arugably one of the most iconic cars in automotive history, the latest rendition of the BMW M5 has some pretty big shoes to fill as a successor and the F10 is very much shaping up to exactly that.
Click here for more news on the BMW M5.
Taking the E60 M5 5.0L V10’s place is BMW’s twin-turbocharged 4.4L V8, the same one that was showcased in the current X5 M and X6 M. That means the F10 M5 gets a grand total output of 560-hp and 502 lb-ft of torque for a 0-60 time of just 4.4 seconds and a top speed electronically limited to 155 mph and 190 if you have opt for the M-Driver’s Package.
All Photos Copyright © Omar Rana – egmCarTech.
– By: Chris Chin