- Key Competitors: Audi RS5, BMW M3 GTS.
- Power: 6.3 liter V8 making 517-hp and 457 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission: AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed automatic.
- Performance: 0 to 60 in 4.2 seconds.
- Pricing: TBA.
- Availability: January 2012.
The gloves are off: Mercedes has just unveiled their M3 GTS fighter for the ‘states: the C63 AMG Coupe, Black Edition. In similar fashion to the BMW’s weight saving penchant and propensity to charge for things like floor mats, Mercedes is selling the rear seats as an option only. Furthur separating this C63 from others is a specific body kit, wheels and sport seats.
Mated to an AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission with four ESP control settings and can go throw the cogs in 100 milliseconds in the sportiest Sport Plus and Manual modes. 0 to 60 mph comes in a very fast 4.2 seconds.
All Photos Copyright © Omar Rana – egmCarTech.
– By: Sawyer Sutton