Top 10 things you need to know about the 2012 Hyundai Veloster
Today we continue with our new “top 10 most important things you need to know” about a certain car. The past three posts in this segment have featured high-end supercars like the Ferrari 458 Spider, Lamborghini Aventador and the McLaren MP4-12C.
Today we’re going to turn it down a couple notches and visit a more affordable car for the masses – the 2012 Hyundai Veloster.
Top 10 things you need to know about the 2012 Hyundai Veloster:
- What kind of name is Veloster? Simply put, the name is a combination of words “velocity” and “roadster.” Pretty interesting I guess.
- It only has 3-doors. The result offers the look of a coupe when viewed from the driver side, with the benefit of easy access for rear-seat passengers on the passenger side.
- Power comes from a 1.6 liter GDI direct-injected gasoline engine making 138-hp at 6,300 rpm and 123 lb-ft of torque at 4,850 rpm.
- It comes standard with a 6-speed manual and is available with an optional 6-speed EcoShift Dual-clutch transmission.
- EPA rated fuel-economy comes in at 28/40 mpg (city/highway) for the 6-speed manual – that’s better highway fuel-econmy then the Honda CR-Z Hybrid. If you drive 15,000 miles a year, the Veloster will run you $1,606 in annual fuel cost.
- 0 to 60 mph takes about 8.1 seconds
- It comes standard 7-inch multimedia touchscreen that can be personalized with one of three visual themes and lets you watch video and play video games when parked – and that’s standard. In fact, the only options are a sunroof, keyless push button start, upgraded sound system, navigation, rearview camera, upgraded seats and a leather steering. Hyundai’s BlueLink, Bluetooth, power windows and a bunch of other things are standard.
- A 200-hp+ Veloster Turbo will debut at the 2012 Detroit Auto Show in January.
- It’s built on the same platform as the Hyundai Elantra and Accent.
- Prices start $17,300 and top out at $23,310 with all the cool options.
Click here for more news on the Hyundai Veloster.
– By: Omar Rana