Top 10 things you need to know about the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
We started our Top 10 things you need to know about a certain car segment earlier this week with the Ferrari 458 Spider. Today, we continue the segment with the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4. Let’s get started…
Top 10 things you need to know about the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4:
- The Lamborghini Aventador replaces the Murcielago in the company’s lineup.
- Power comes from a 6.5L V12 engine making 690-hp and 509 lb-ft of torque.
- The engine is mated to a ISR (Independent Shifting Rod) 7-speed transmission (an automated manual gearbox that minimizes shift times by almost 50 percent than with a dual-clutch transmission).
- 0 to 60 mph comes in 2.9 seconds with a top speed of 217 mph.
- It has Lamborghini’s new Haldex 4-wheel drive system.
- Lamborghini says that the Aventador is two generations ahead of anything else on sale, using Formula One-style suspension and a lightweight carbon fibre monocoque.
- EPA rated fuel-economy comes in at 11/17/13 mpg (city/highway/combined) – you will be paying a gas guzzler’s tax and annual fuel cost is estimated at $4,291. It will cost you $80 on average to fill up the tank.
- The engine needs 3.4 gallons of oil to keep it running smoothly and 6.6 gallons of coolant to keep it… well, cool – and that’s about 5 times more than a normal car you see on the road.
- There will be a Aventador Roadster coming next year.
- Prices start at $387,000.
Click here for more news on the Lamborghini Aventador.
– By: Omar Rana