At the 2011 SEMA Show today Chevrolet teamed up with three-time X-Games gold medalist Ricky Carmichael to create a one-off stylish concept based on the Chevrolet Sonic. Known as the Chevrolet Sonic All Activity Vehicle, the study transforms the Sonic for an active lifestyle and can accommodate Carmichael’s bike and waterboard equipment.
“The car looks so cool, colorful and fun to drive,” said Carmichael. “I live my life on the go and this Sonic really represents that active lifestyle and my desire to have fun when I’m off the race track. The Sonic would be a perfect vehicle for someone who wants to get the most out of their time – and I also really appreciate how they we were able to incorporate my loyal sponsors into the design of the car.”
Click here for more news on the Chevrolet Sonic.
Besides all of the visual upgrades (which you can see in detail in the pictures and highlights after the jump), the Chevrolet Sonic All Activity Vehicle Concept features a Borla exhaust system Brembo brakes. Under the hood is the production 1.4L turbocharged engine and 6-speed manual transmission.
Refresher: The 2012 Chevrolet Sonic is available in a sedan and hatchback variant. The standard engine on the 2012 Sonic is a 1.8L DOHC inline 4-cylinder unit making 135-hp and 125 lb-ft of torque, while an optional 138-hp 1.4L turbocharged inline 4-cylinder is also available. Prices start at $14,495 for the 2012 Chevrolet Sonic LS Sedan ($15,395 for the Chevrolet Sonic LS Hatchback), which is powered by a 1.8L Ecotec making 128-hp. Prices top out at $17,295 for the LTZ Sedan and $17,995 for the LTZ Hatchback. Prices start at $14,495.
Chevrolet Sonic All Activity Vehicle Concept highlights:
- Blue Pearlized Satin Black exterior
- Number 4 hood decal
- Electric Green Ricky Carmichael signature on lower rear doors
- THULE roof rack with specialized S-Works mountain bike and Hyperlite wakeboard with custom graphics
- Splash guards
- Custom 18×8-inch wheels – gloss black with green lip
- Concept Z-Spec high wing spoiler
- Smoked lamp housings
- Concept Z-Spec ground effects
- Concept Z-Spec grille
- FOX Racing boardshorts material for the seat inserts
- Dark Green/Jet Black leather-trimmed instrument panel and door trim with Lime Green piping/stitching
- Satin chrome trim accents
- Ricky Carmichael signature with Number 4 on driver and front passenger seats
- Concept billet aluminum shifter knob
- Dark Green/Jet Black leather-trimmed flat-bottom steering wheel with Lime Green stitching
- All-weather floor mats
- Rear cargo organizer
- Concept sound system
- Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit
- Ecotec 1.4L turbo engine with six-speed manual transmission
- Performance lowering suspension kit
- Performance brakes – four-piston front calipers with two-piece drilled rotors and two-piston rear calipers with one-piece drilled rotors
- High-flow exhaust system
– By: Omar Rana