Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Concept is every child’s dream come true
Many childhood dreams are coming true this week at the 2011 SEMA Show in Las Vegas. One of the many wishes of every child is having a life-size Hot Wheels Camaro become a reality. This year, Chevrolet did just that by teaming up with toy company.
“The Camaro Hot Wheels concept is inspired by the “Custom Camaro” – the dazzling Spectraflame 1:64-scale toy that was part of the original 16 Hot Wheels cars released in 1968, Chevrolet said in a statement. “The project was a collaborative effort between the General Motors Design studio in Michigan and the Hot Wheels Design studio in California. Each sketched its own ideas of a life-size Hot Wheels Camaro, compared notes and refined their visions until the concept hit the right note for each group of designers.”
Click here for more news on the Chevrolet Camaro.
“The Camaro has been a mainstay in the Hot Wheels lineup since 1968,” said Phil Zak, GM design director. “Several generations of car enthusiasts grew up playing with Hot Wheels Camaros, while dreaming of driving the real thing, so this was a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity to make that dream a reality.”
Power for the Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Concept comes from an all-aluminum 6.2 liter LS3 V-8 mated to a Tremec TR6060 6-speed manual transmission.
Check out more details and a video after the jump.
Chevrolet Camaro Hot Wheels Concept features include:
- Over Chrome Green paint with ghosted Hot Wheels logo on the quarter panels
- Satin black ground effects (splitter, rocker and rear fascia-side extensions)
- Satin black wheels with milled face and Torch Red stripe: 20×10-inch (front) and 20×11-inch (rear)
- ZL1 grille with Hot Wheels badging
- Hot Wheels badge on the decklid
- Euro-style taillamps with new inner smoked lens
- Euro-style rear fascia with new diffuser and exhaust bezels
- ZL1 rear spoiler
- Chevrolet Accessories Modified Satin Black Stripe
- Black aluminum “CAMARO” fender badges with milled face
- Black aluminum hood insert with milled hood vent extractors
- Chevrolet Accessories Synergy Series gill decals
- Black leather-wrapped IP and door inserts with Torch Red accents, and cut-and-sew flames
- Hot Wheels sill plates
- Hot Wheels cut-and-sew embroidered logos in the front seatbacks
- Chevrolet Accessories pedal kit
- Chevrolet Accessories footwell and cup holder lighting (red)
- Brembo brakes: six-piston front with two-piece rotors and four-piston calipers (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
- Suspension lowering kit by Pedders (Chevrolet Official Licensed Product)
- Chevrolet Accessories strut tower brace
- Chevrolet Accessories black engine cover
- Chevrolet Accessories exhaust system
– By: Omar Rana