Cadillac’s already amazing CTS-V has gotten an equally awesome tune. The Hennessey V1000 packs major power, sleek exterior mods, and interior, or lack thereof, upgrades as well.
Getting straight to it, Hennessey got under the hood and tuned the already 556-hp monster up to almost double the horsepower, at 1,000-hp, and 950 lb-ft of torque. With a top speed of 230-mph, the tuner is projecting a 0-60 time of 3.5 seconds. The V1000’s twin turbo 427ci LS V8 down a quarter mile run in just 10.9 seconds. Wanna put your slips up against that?
Click here for more news on the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe.
So, I didn’t save the best for last, but there is still more. The body has been widened, the clutch got an upgrade, and stopping power has been upgraded with a set of 15.1″ inch Brembo carbon ceramic breaks. The CTS-V Coupe is also now riding on Michelin Pilot Super Sport tires that wrap a set of Hennessey monoblock wheels.
Weight reduction is another key point in this tune, as it is estimated to be about 200lbs lighter. Seats have been traded for a lighter set, and the rear ones can be taken out completely. Widening is courtesy of a carbon fiber kit.
Click here for our review on the Cadillac CTS-V Coupe.
To top it off, anyone lucky enough to get their hands on one of the 12 being produced will also get a track experience, with a one-day driver training class from John Heinricy, former director of GM’s Performance Division.
Hit the jump for the complete specs.
2012 Hennessey Twin-Turbo V1000 CTS-V Coupe:
Review: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe:
All Photos Copyright © Omar Rana, Nikolina Kostrevski – egmCarTech.
2012 Hennessey Twin Turbo V1000 CTS-V Coupe
Limited Production – Only 12 Will Be Produced
• 1,000 bhp @ 6,400 rpm
• 950 lb-ft torque @ 4,000 rpm
• 0-60 mph: 3.5 seconds
• 1/4 Mile: 10.9 @ 136 mph
• Top Speed: 230 mph
V1000 Twin Turbo Upgrade Includes:
• 427 cid LS V8 Engine
• Forged Low Compression Pistons
• Forged Steel Connecting Rods
• Callies 4340 Forged Steel Crank
• Balanced and Blueprinted Rotating Assembly
• ARP Main Studs & Head Bolts
• High Flow Cylinder Heads
• Hennessey V1000 Camshaft
• Upgraded Fuel Injectors
• Upgraded Fuel System (Includes Lines, Rails & Pump)
• Twin Ball Bearing Turbochargers
• Dual Wastegates
• Electronic Boost Controller
• Stainless Steel Piping and Exhaust
• Air-to-Air Intercooler
• High-Flow K&N Air Filter
• 160 Degree Thermostat
• Professional Installation
• HPE Engine Management Calibration
• Dyno Tuning & Road Testing
• Hennessey Exterior Badging
• Serial-Numbered Dash & Engine Plaques
• 1 Year / 12,000 Mile Limited Warranty
REQUIRED TRANSMISSION UPGRADE:
• Manual: Centerforce Dual Friction Clutch Upgrade
• Automatic: Performance Build & Torque Converter Upgrade
• Brembo Carbon Ceramic Brake Upgrade
• 15.1 inch Carbon Ceramic Rotors (Front & Rear)
• Calipers: 8-Piston (Front); 6-Piston (Rear)
Wheels & Tires:
• Hennessey Monoblock Wheels
• 20×10 inch (Front); 20×13 inch (Rear)
• Michelin Pilot Super Sport Tires
• 275/30YR-20 (Front); 345/30YR-20 (Rear)
• Lowered 1″ (Front & Rear)
• Factory Magnetic Ride Control Tuned by John Heinricy
• CarbonAero CTS-V Widebody Upgrade
• Carbon Fiber Front Splitter
• Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser
• Carbon Fiber Front Fenders
• Carbon Fiber Extractor Hood
• Carbon Fiber Rear Fender Flares
• Alcantara Headliner
• Carbon Fiber Door Sills
• Upgraded Leather & Stitching
• Hennessey Embroidered Heardrests
• Hennessey Premium Floormats
Buyers Will Also Receive a One-Day Driver Training / Track Experience with John Heinricy.
For More Information, Please Call (979) 885-1300 or Email Sales@HennesseyPerformance.com Today.
Performance figures based on 93 octane fuel and 6-speed manual transmission. Not 50-state emissions compliant.
– By: Alexandra Koken