At the 2011 CES Show in January, Hyundai introduced Blue Link in-vehicle infotainment system, which competes with the link of GM’s OnStar. The system offers more than 30 unique connectivity features, which will will be available on future Hyundai models
Hyundai will offer the Blue Link system with an annual subscription fee in three packages: Assurance, Essentials, and Guidance. Prices for the Hyundai Assurance with a one-year service agreement starts at $79. The Assurance Essentials package starts at $179, while the Assurance Essentials and Guidance package starts at $279.
The Hyundai Blue Link will be available on all future models, starting with the 2012 Sonata this summer and the Veloster 3-door coupe this fall. Hyundai hopes to roll out Blue Link across the majority of the lineup by 2013.
Hit the jump for the press release and more pricing info.
Hyundai Blue Link:
HYUNDAI ANNOUNCES PRICING FOR NEW BLUE LINK™ VEHICLE TELEMATICS PLATFORM
Blue Link incorporates more than 30 innovative connectivity functions and core safety services with consumer-focused pricing options
NOVI, Mich., 06/09/2011
Hyundai is challenging conventional wisdom in the automotive industry again with the introduction of Blue Link™, an all-new telematics platform that will offer more than 30 unique connectivity features on future Hyundai models. Today at the Telematics Update conference, Hyundai released annual subscription pricing for its three packages: Assurance, Essentials, and Guidance.
Blue Link Packages
- Blue Link will be available in three inclusive packages:
o Essentials (includes Assurance)
o Guidance (includes Essentials)
|Blue Link Package||Complimentary Blue Link Service Period||Complimentary Blue Link with Automatic Renewal *|
|Assurance||6 months||12 months|
|Essentials||3 months||6 months|
|Guidance||3 months||6 months|
* New owners may elect for Blue Link automatic renewal within the first 30 days of ownership
After the complimentary introductory period, customers have three attractive pricing options based on length of service agreement.
|Blue Link Package||One-Year
|Assurance & Essentials||$179||$315||$448|
|Assurance, Essentials & Guidance||$279||$491||$699|
Blue Link Highlights
- Blue Link telematics platform will offer innovative connectivity, convenience and safety services for Hyundai vehicles
- Blue Link will be available on all future Hyundai models, starting with the 2012 Sonata this summer and the Veloster 3-door coupe this fall
- Agent-assisted advanced voice recognition system provides a new approach to performing in-vehicle POI searches vs. voice-recognition-only systems, or traditional operators
- Blue Link services will be standard on all Blue Link-equipped models for a free trial period of six months for Assurance and three months for both Essentials and Guidance; this free service period will be doubled if the customer signs up for auto renewal
A variety of features will be available at launch, including unique applications such as “Service Link” that helps drivers schedule service at their Hyundai dealer; an “Eco-Coach” that improves efficient driving; restaurant ratings; and remote door lock/unlock capabilities. Blue Link’s innovative features continue with remote vehicle start (late availability), which allows a driver to start their Hyundai vehicle so it can be warmed up or cooled down before driving; Geo-Fence, which can send a notification if a driver has ventured outside prescribed borders or time constraints; and stolen vehicle slowdown to help police recover a stolen vehicle.
Drivers will not have to wait long for the arrival of Blue Link on Hyundai models as it will debut mid-June on the 2012 Sonata sedan. In addition, Hyundai will launch a second Blue Link-equipped, youth-oriented coupe model, the Veloster, which will be available this fall. Hyundai projects Blue Link to be available across the majority of the lineup by 2013.
“Blue Link combines safety, service and infotainment into a complete package that works to both help simplify Hyundai owners’ lives and reduce distracted driving,” said Barry Ratzlaff, director of customer satisfaction and service business development, Hyundai Motor America. “We’ve carefully studied how drivers rely on smart phones and navigation systems as an innovative link to the outside world. Blue Link brings that seamless connectivity directly into the car with technology like voice text messaging, POI web search download, turn-by-turn navigation, and monthly vehicle reporting. Our agent-assisted advanced voice recognition system offers a 21st century solution to performing POI searches in the vehicle. This unique and innovative approach enables Hyundai to deliver fast, accurate searches and downloads of POIs to vehicles while allowing drivers to keep their eyes on the road and hands on the wheel.
As part of the Blue Link launch, Hyundai will provide Blue Link features free of charge for a complimentary period. This trial period includes 6 months of the core safety services from “Assurance,” three months of the convenience features from “Essentials” and three months of the point of interest search and navigation tools from “Guidance.” If the customer elects for automatic renewal within 30 days of purchase, the complimentary period will be doubled for each of the packages; one year of “Assurance” and 6 months of both “Essentials and Guidance.” After the introductory period, owners of Blue Link-equipped vehicles can choose to extend their services.
Blue Link Assurance further expands Hyundai’s industry leadership formerly established by Hyundai Assurance, the industry’s most comprehensive suite of new-vehicle protection. Hyundai Assurance already offers a 5-year/60,000-mile fully transferable bumper-to-bumper warranty, Hyundai’s 10-year/100,000-mile powertrain warranty, 5-years complimentary Roadside Assistance.
In typical Hyundai fashion, Blue Link services were developed with targeted service options tailored to distinct telematics user groups:
Blue Link Assurance package
• Automatic Collision Notification (ACN) and Assistance – Provides immediate assistance when an accident occurs and an airbag is deployed. In this event, an ACN signal, containing customer and location information, will automatically be transmitted to the response center. Upon receipt of the signal, a response specialist will attempt to establish voice communications with the vehicle occupants and forward any pertinent information to emergency services.
• SOS Emergency Assistance – Customers request emergency 911 assistance by pressing the dedicated SOS button in the vehicle. This action transmits vehicle information and location to specially-trained response specialists, who assist in coordinating the dispatch of appropriate emergency assistance to the customer. The response specialist remains on the line with the customer until advised assistance has arrived.
• Enhanced Roadside Assistance – Enables customers to contact Roadside Assistance via a single in-vehicle button-press. Vehicle information (including location) is automatically transmitted to a response center, enabling the specialist to dispatch assistance more quickly and efficiently for vehicle assistance and retrieval.
• Monthly Vehicle Report – Provides monthly reporting of vehicle systems status via the Blue Link website and/or via email if desired by owners.
Blue Link Essentials package
• Quick Tips – Provides quick reference assistance for primary vehicle feature location and function.
• Location Sharing – Enables sending vehicle location to select friends and members of social networking sites, including Facebook – directly from the vehicle.
• Voice Text Messaging – Enables hands-free text messaging to SMS text recipients, using the innovative Agent-Assisted Voice Recognition system allowing for natural speech messages.
• Mobile App – Available for download and access to remote services and account information. It is available for popular devices such as iPhones, Android, and Blackberry devices.
• Remote Door Lock/Unlock – Enables locking or unlocking vehicle doors via a toll-free number, owner’s website, or mobile phone application.
• Remote Horn and Lights – Enables activating the horn and/or lights via a toll-free number, owner’s website, or mobile phone application.
• Remote Vehicle Start – Enables customers to start the vehicle via owner’s website or toll-free number, or mobile phone application. (late availability)
• Service Link – Provides convenient link to schedule service at a Hyundai dealer and to send the dealer a recorded message of requested services in advance of the visit.
– By: Omar Rana