General Motors announced today that it is rolling out a new, modern and luxurious design for its Cadillac dealerships as a part of the brand’s “Defining Moments” customer service initiative. More than 200 dealers have committed to making over their showrooms within the next two years.
The new Cadillac dealerships’ theme is designed by Gensler architects and Cadillac designers and feature a layout that is open with well-lit displays allowing customers to interact with the cars and salesman while relax in a customer lounge with a coffee bar with custom-designed art and designer furniture.
The design also includes contemporary architecture and premium materials like English Oak, matte porcelain tile and brushed stainless steel accents.
“The new facility design and furnishings provide a great stage for our exciting new automobiles,” said Kurt McNeil, vice president of Cadillac Sales and Service, “but our main goal is to create a highly positive first impression that creates that defining moment in our customers’ minds that we will exceed their expectations before, during and after the sale.”
Some details for the new showroom include:
- Limestone tile and aluminum storefront glazing
- Photography highlighting elements in Cadillac’s Art & Science design philosophy
- Stainless steel and brushed aluminum finishes
- Precise, theatrical lighting to highlight the vehicles
- English Oak walls, matte porcelain tile floors
- Rich, ultra-dark textured leather chairs and Knoll Barcelona® lounge chairs
- Polished chrome tables and lamps
Suburban Cadillac Ann Arbor:
– By: Roman Bronfenbrener