In Nov. 2010, Ford asked its Facebook fans of the Ford Mustang to come up with the name for the 2012 V6 Performance Package as a part of a new contest. The fans have spoken and have chosen ‘Mayhem’ as the new name for the V6 Performance Package.
More than 3,000 submissions were made to the Facebook page and nearly 6,700 users installed the ‘You Name It’ app. The winner (who came up with the Mayhem name), from North Carolina, receives a 3-year lease on a 2012 Mustang with the Mayhem Mustang Package.
Click here for more news on the Ford Mustang.
“We saw great enthusiasm from fans, with tons of creative, unique names coming in,” said Brian McClary, Ford social and emerging media specialist. “The contest was twofold – it let us engage with fans by letting them have a say, and it helped build awareness for the package.”
The Ford Mayhem Mustang Package takes advantage of the 305-horsepower all-aluminum Ti-VCT V6 engine and borrows some components from the Mustang GT including suspension, braking and body stiffening upgrades.
Hit the jump to see more details on the Ford Mayhem Mustang Performance Package.
2012 Ford Mayhem Mustang Performance Package includes:
- A 3.31 rear axle ratio for quicker off-the-line acceleration
- Mustang GT coupe front and rear stabilizer bars
- Mustang GT front struts and rear shocks/springs
- Shelby GT500 rear lower control arm
- Unique 19-inch wheels
- Pirelli performance tires for improved grip
- Mustang GT front and rear brake calipers with Performance Friction pads
- A strut tower brace for increased body rigidity
- Unique electronic stability control calibration with sport mode for performance driving
- Unique badging
– By: Omar Rana