2011 New York: 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe, BMW M3 Coupe meet your rival
- Key Competitors: Finally Stuttgart offers a nice rival to the BMW M3 Coupe. Also competes with Cadillac CTS-V Coupe, Audi S5, Chevrolet Corvette, Nissan GT-R, Porsche 911.
- Power: 6.3L V8 engine – 451-hp / 443 lb-ft; AMG Development Package pushes output to 481-hp.
- Transmission: AMG SPEEDSHIFT MCT 7-speed sports transmission.
- 0 to 60 mph: 4.4 seconds; AMG Development Package cuts it to 4.3 seconds.
- Top Speed: 155 mph; AMG Development Package increases it to 174 mph.
- Prices: TBA.
While the new 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe competes with a lot high-performance coupes in the segment – one war to watch in the future will be the one where the C63 AMG Coupe takes on the BMW M3 Coupe. What’s not to like about some serious high-performance German coupe rivalry.
Click here for more news on the Mercedes-Benz C-Class Coupe.
One thing I’d like to point out here is the offering of the AMG Development Pacakge, which cuts the 0 to 60 mph time on the Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe to 4.3 seconds from 4.4 seconds and increases the top speed from 155 mph to 174 mph. While to some it will seem like a must-have options… nevermind – if we had the money it will be a must-have option for us as well.
Check out the live high-res photo gallery after the jump.
2011 New York: 2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe:
All Photos Copyright © 2011 Nikolina Kostrevski – egmCarTech.
2012 Mercedes-Benz C63 AMG Coupe
– By: Omar Rana