2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake coming to 2011 NY Auto Show
Shelby American, a subsidiary of Carroll Shelby International Inc., announced today that it will unveil its new Super Snake post title package for the 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 at the 2011 New York Auto Show. Shelby will also display the limited edition 2012 Shelby GT350 coupe and convertible, which were revealed at the 2011 Chicago Auto Show early this year.
First time at egmCarTech? Visit our home page for the latest news.
“Shelby American has a rich history at the New York International Auto Show,” said John Luft, president of Shelby American Inc. “The very first Shelby car was introduced there in 1962, as well as the 1968 and 2008 Shelby GT500KR and the 2006 Shelby Hertz GT-H. This year, we’re returning with one of the most powerful and important Shelbys ever built.”
Click here for more news on the Ford Shelby GT500.
The new 2012 Shelby GT500 Super Snake helps the muscle car produce an outstanding 800-hp. The $100,000 price tag includes the Shelby Super Snake package and the GT500 base vehicle.
We’ll bring you live photos and details from the 2011 New York Auto Show later this month.
The 2012 Ford Shelby GT500 Super Snake post title package includes:
- Ford Racing handling pack including dynamic adjustable dampers, lowering springs, tuned stabilizer bars and front strut tower brace
- An optional Shelby / Eibach handling pack is available
- 6-speed manual transmission with 3.73:1 rear axle ratio and short-throw shifter
- The standard tune upgrades power to over 750 HP and 590 ft./lbs. of torque
- Optional Shelby / Kenne Bell 800 horsepower tune on pump gas
- Borla exhaust system
- Shelby-designed Alcoa 20-inch wheels in durabright or anthracite
- Forged Shelby / Baer brakes with 6 piston calipers and cross drilled / vented rotors
- Front brake cooling ducts and behind the door side scoops
- Unique fiberglass hood featuring classic Shelby design and pins
- Shelby signature Super Snake stripes in either matte black or matte white
- “Super Snake” vehicle badges and official Shelby CSM interior plate
- “Shelby” lettering across the rear deck lid
- Optional two tone leather interior
- Shelby signature embroidered headrests, floor mats and other Shelby designed components
– By: Omar Rana