We are eagerly awaiting the unveiling of the new flagship Lamborghini – the Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4, which will be unveiled at the 2011 Geneva Motor Show. With all the excitement built around the new Murcielago replacement, Lamborghini is hoping to capitalize on a recovering market for luxury supercars costing more than $200,000.
Supercars sales in the United States may increase 146 percent in 2011 for vehicles costing between $200,000 to $400,000, according to IHS Automotive. The supermarket took a 40 percent hit in 2010.
So how much will the Lamborghini Aventador cost? Well, the first figures are in, courtesy of Automotive News, and it looks like prices will start just over $370,000.
We can only dream of something in that price range.
Here are some important articles on the Lamborghini Aventador:
- Lamborghini debuts new 6.5L V12 to be used in Murcielago’s replacement.
- Report: Murcielago replacement to be called Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4.
- Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 ordering guide leaked.
- Lamborghini Murcielago successor gets pushrod suspension, will debut in Geneva.
- Lamborghini Aventador official spy shot released before Geneva debut.
- Lamborghini shows off Aventador’s carbon fiber monocoque.
Refresher: The Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4 will be powered by a 6.5L V12 engine making 690-hp and 509 lb-ft of torque. Mated to the company’s new ISR (Independent Shifting Rod) transmission, 0-60 mph will come in 2.9 seconds with a top speed of 217 mph.
Lamborghini Aventador Official Spy Shot:
AutoCar Drives Lamborghini Aventador Prototype:
Lamborghini’s New 6.5L V12 and ISR Transmission:
– By: Omar Rana
Source: Automotive News