Enthusiast Mini fans can rejoice as the brand has introduces some new touches to its 2011 John Cooper Works Package for the Mini Cooper and the Mini Cooper Convertible. The new John Cooper Works Pack for the Mini Cooper and Mini Convertible offers some model-specific interior and exterior upgrades that optimize the visual impact and the handling of the models.
For 2011, the John Cooper Works Pack adds:
- Black border around the lower part of the body that is highlighted at the front and rear by a centrally positioned indentation.
- Inner section of the surrounds for the positioning lights or foglamps on the outer edges of the front apron feature horizontal slats.
- Grille has the same honeycomb structure as the lower air intake.
- Side skirts curve inwards with a sweeping flourish and add an opening at the rear.
- The rear apron includes a cut-outs at its outer edges.
- 17-inch light-alloy wheels in John Cooper Works Cross Spoke CHALLENGE design
- Traction mode DTC (Dynamic Traction Control) added to the standard-fitted stability system DSC (Dynamic Stability Control), as well as EDLC (Electronic Differential Lock Control).
- John Cooper Works door entry strips and the John Cooper Works leather steering wheel with red contrast stitching.
- Manual models get a John Cooper Works gearshift lever with red shift pattern lettering and a leather gaiter with red contrast stitching.
The John Cooper Works Pack is available for all engine variants of the Mini Cooper and Mini Cooper Convertible. The pack will be available from the second quarter of 2011 as a factory-fit option.
Also available on the Mini Cooper S, Mini Cooper S Clubman, Mini Cooper S Convertible is the John Cooper Works Tuning Kit. With an optimized engine management system, the twin-scrool turbo 4-cylinder engine makes 200-hp and 184 lb-ft of torque. In Overboost mode, torque is increased to 184 lb-ft. Another new addition to the John Cooper Works accessories range is the 18-inch Cross Spoke Red Stripe light-alloy wheel variant, which will be available from spring 2011.
2011 Mini John Cooper Works Package:
– By: Omar rana