The Lexus LFA is a very limited and exclusive supercar. Since the LFA is a global car with production limited to just 500 units, they will be delivered in the order they were sold. Surprisingly, following the first unit that was delivered in Japan, the next three have made there way to the United States, and landed at a port in California on Jan. 18, 2011.
The guys at Kaizen Factor were some how lucky enough to see the first three units make their way to the United States and have put together a nice piece on the process Lexus goes through before putting the LFA into the truck to be delivered to its respective owner.
Hit the jump for the list of some interesting Lexus LFA in the USA facts courtesy of Kaizen Factor.
Refresher: Power for the Lexus LFA comes from a 4.8L V10 engine that makes 552-hp with a maximum torque of 354 lb-ft. Mated to a 6-speed Automated Sequential Gearbox, the LFA goes from 0-60 mph with a time of just 3.5 seconds and a top speed of 202 mph.
LFA in the USA Fun Facts:
- Each LFAs are tested and driven by a Motomatchi Quality Control Engineer to ensure the highest quality compliance. A certificate is placed in each car with the engineer’s signature.
- Each LFA ships in its own clean container with a pink painted metal pallet designed specifically to secure the car during transport.
- Each LFA pallet is sent back to Japan after use to transport the next shipment of cars. 5 can be stacked at one time.
- The LFA is not covered in exterior plastic during transport. This is to ensure proper paint curing from the time it leaves the Motomachi Plant to its final destination.
- It takes about 7-10 days (weather permitting) for an LFA to ship from the port in Japan to the Port of Long Beach.
- All US bound LFAs will only go through Toyota’s facilities at the Port of Long Beach for de-vanning of the shipping container.
- Each LFA will be delivered by a special Lexus transporter to the new owner’s preferred Lexus dealer.
- This is the only Lexus or Toyota product that is delivered in this manner.
- LFA10 is the chassis code for the Lexus LFA. LFA10L is the designation for left hand drive models.
- Mobil 1 5w50 is the official oil for the Lexus LFA.
– By: Omar Rana
Source: Kaizen Factor