Most of us read Playboy for the wonderful stories the team of editors at the publication put together… no really, we do (besides the occasional browsing of beautiful ladies features in the magazine).
Either way, Playboy has announced its 2011 Cars of the Year award and here is the final list:
Playboy’s 2011 Cars of the Year:
- Best Hybrid: 2011 Honda CR-Z.
- Best Convertible: 2011 Porsche Boxster Spyder.
- Best Sports Coupe: 2011 Cadillac CTS-V Coupe.
- Best Bank for the Buck: 2011 Mazda2.
- Best Sports Sedan: 2011 Aston Martin Rapide.
- Best SUV: 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee.
- Most likely to succeed: 2011 Hyundai Equus.
- Best Plug-in: 2011 Chevrolet Volt.
- … and the 2011 Car of the Year award goes to: 2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG.
Refresher: Power for the Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG comes from a 6.2L V8 making 563-hp with a maximum torque of 479 lb-ft. Mated to an E-SELECT system that controls the AMG SPEEDSHIFT DCT 7-speed sport transmission, the SLS AMG can go from 0 to 62 mph in just 3.7 seconds (with the Race Start launch control system) with a top speed of 196 mph.
2011 Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG:
– By: Omar Rana