Ford: Every Lincoln to get EcoBoost engine, 7 new or refreshed models on the way
Besides announced that Lincoln will offer free maintenance service to all 2011 customers and beyond on a permanent basis, FoMoCo announced that the brand will be “be refined, modern design, the most fuel-efficient premium powertrains and industry-leading technology that create a unique driver experience both in the cabin and on the road.”
Ford said that Lincoln will expand and enhance its Lincoln brand lineup with 7 all-new or significantly refreshed vehicles in the next four years as part of an aggressive growth plan focused on standout product design, class-leading technology and new powertrains “all aimed at competing with Cadillac and Lexus in North America.”
Plans for Lincoln include:
- First-ever Lincoln C-segment vehicle
- New Lincoln-exclusive powertrains, including an all-new V6 engine and advanced fuel-efficient transmissions
- EcoBoost™ engines available in all Lincoln models ““ from the Navigator full-size SUV to the new C-segment Lincoln
- Fuel economy leadership with each new vehicle ““ leading to Lincoln emerging as the most fuel-efficient luxury lineup on the market
- More useful technology and features than any other competitor ““ with a special focus on comfort and convenience. New advanced features include fully retractable glass roofs; adaptive computer-controlled suspensions; electronic, push-button gear selectors; active noise control and exclusive MyLincoln Touch driver connect technology
Ford pointed out that Lincoln placed second behind Porsche in the 2010 J.D. Power and Associates Vehicle Dependability Study, ahead of several luxury brands including Lexus, Mercedes-Benz, Acura and Cadillac.
Hey Lincoln, any coupe in the works?
Lincoln C Concept:
– By: Omar Rana