The 2011 Chevrolet Silverado Heavy-Duty lineup is more impressive than ever before, including ten 2500HD models and eight single and dual-rear-wheel 3500HD models. At the 2010 SEMA Show this week, Chevrolet is unveiling an accessorized 2500HD Extended Cab Z71 powered by 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel engine Allison 1000 6-speed automatic transmission.
Make the jump for the press release and the vehicle highlights.
2011 Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Z71:
Chevrolet Silverado 2500HD Extended Cab Z71 Vehicle Highlights:
- Switchblade Silver color with satin low-gloss finish
- Body-color grille
- Chevrolet Accessory 20-inch wheels painted Corvette Competition Gray
- Hard folding tonneau cover
- Six-inch oval assist steps painted Corvette Competition Gray
- Hitch-mounted winch
- Amber roof lamps
- Custom Z71 graphics
- Dark Titanium leather interior
- Chevrolet Accessory interior trim plate kit with custom show paint
- Dual DVD headrests with HD WiFi headphones
- Navigation radio
- Autonet mobile Wi-Fi
- Duramax 6.6L turbo-diesel and Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission
2011 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 2500HD Z71
Redesigned for 2011, the Silverado heavy-duty lineup is broader than ever, with 10 2500HD models and eight single- and dual-rear-wheel 3500HD models. In the Chevrolet display at the SEMA show, a new, accessorized 2500HD Extended Cab Z71 equipped with the new 6.6L Duramax turbo-diesel engine Allison 1000 six-speed automatic transmission demonstrated the personalization possibilities of the new HD lineup.
All 2011 Silverado HD models bring greater capability, improved ride and handling and a greater feeling of driver control. Highlights include:
- Increased towing capability of up to 21,700 pounds (9,843 kg) and payload of up to 6,635 pounds (3,009 kg) on 3500HD models, supported by all-new fully-boxed, high-strength-steel frames and strong suspensions
- New 6.6L Duramax diesel delivers up to 11-percent greater highway fuel economy and up to 63-percent lower emissions, along with B20 biodiesel capability and quicker acceleration
- All-new “smart” exhaust brake feature provides greater control on grades and reduced brake pad wear
- An array of control features, including trailer sway control, integrated trailer brake control, hill start assist, automatic grade braking, intelligent brake assist and larger brakes
- Purposeful technology, including available mobile WiFi, USB connectivity, Bluetooth connectivity, XM Satellite Radio, OnStar 9.0 and navigation.
Outside, the 2011 Silverado 2500HD and 3500HD models are distinguished by a power dome-style hood with a new, louvered design, as well as a new grille and full-width chrome steel front bumper. A new lineup of 17-, 18- and 20-inch wheel/tire combinations is featured, too, and the 2500HD SEMA show vehicle displays 20-inch wheels that are available through Chevrolet dealers, but painted Corvette Competition Gray for the show vehicle.
Additional accessories are either available now or are being evaluated for future availability.
– By: Zain Haq