Ford Racing selling 412-hp 5.0L V8 Mustang GT crate engine for $7,000
So you’re pretty excited that the Ford Mustang GT is now powered by a 5.0L 4-valve Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) V8 engine production 412-hp with a peak torque of 390 lb-ft. While what resides under the hood may sound all fine and dandy, what do you do if you’re not a fan of the Mustang itself?
You go to Ford Racing and just buy the crate engine and drop it into whatever it is your heart desires (of course, as long as it’s feasible).
Ford Racing is now selling the 5.0L V8 Mustang GT crate engine for $6,999 on their website. Hit the jump and let us know in the comments section exactly how wild your imagination is.
Check out the engine specs after the jump.
2011 Ford Mustang GT:
Ford Racing’s new all-aluminum 5.0L Mustang crate engine is a modern 5.0L 32-valve DOHC V-8 that uses advanced features like Twin Independent Variable Camshaft Timing (Ti-VCT) to deliver 412+ horsepower @ 6500 rpm and 390 ft.-lb.+ of torque @ 4250 rpm (with premium fuel)
- 11.0:1 Compression ratio
- Lightweight aluminum cylinder block features cross-bolted main bearing caps and thick main bearing bulkheads for bottom-end strength
- Piston-cooling jets, optimized oil drainback and windage control improve high-rpm performance
- Deep sump oil pan with 8qt capacity
- Tuned composite intake manifold provides efficient air delivery and weight savings
- 80 mm single bore “drive by wire” throttlebody
- Four-valve-per-cylinder aluminum heads with roller-finger followers reduce friction
- Includes manual transmission engine harness and flywheel
- Vehicle harness and PCM not included
- Use our NEW wiring, PCM and installation kit M-6017-A504V designed for street rod/project car installation.
- Does not include alternator, for alternator kit see M-8600-M50ALT
- 2011 5.0L Mustang engine cover kit available, see M-9680-M50
- Engine mount bosses and bellhousing mount pattern common to 4.6L modular engines.
- Direct replacement for 2011 Mustangs with engine code BG-397-AA
- Photo and specs may vary. These features apply for engine code BG-397-AA. Engines are this build code or newer while supplies last.
- Engine weight: 444 lbs
– By: Omar Rana
Source: Ford Racing