The 2011 Ford Explorer just made its debut this morning and FoMoCo has already launched the online configurator detailing all the pricing for the new model. The new Explorer will start production later this year at FoMoCo”s Chicago plant and will hit dealerships just in time for winter.
Price breakdown for the 2011 Ford Explorer with a 3.5L V6 (destination fee is an additional $805):
- 2011 Ford Explorer Base: $28,190 for FWD, $30,190 for AWD.
- 2011 Ford Explorer XLT: $31,190 for FWD, $33,190 for AWD.
- 2011 Ford Explorer Limited: $37,190 for FWD, $39,190 for AWD.
All 2011 Ford Explorer models will be powered by a 3.5L Ti-VCT V6 engine making 290-hp and 255 lb-ft of torque. The base model will get a regular 6-speed automatic while the XLT and Limited will get the company’s new 6-speed SelectShift Automatic.
Ford will also offer an optional 2.0L inline 4-cylinder turbocharged and intercooled EcoBoost engine making 237-hp and 250 lb-ft of torque. Pricing for the 4-cylinder EcoBoost model will come in at a premium over the V6 – numbers will be announced at a later date.
Check out the 2011 Ford Explorer online configurator here.
Make the jump for the list of standard and optional features.
2011 Ford Explorer:
2011 Ford Explorer list of standard and optional features:
Standard convenience features include:
- MyFord driver connect technology including 4.2-inch LCD screen
- MyKey™ owner control feature
- Air filtration system
- Media hub
- Easy Fuel® capless fuel filler system
- Cruise control
- Power windows, with one-touch down for driver
- Power door locks with child safety rear door locks
- Tilt/telescoping steering column
- Four 12-volt power points
- Cargo hooks
Explorer XLT includes standard content and adds:
- Automatic headlamps
- Six-speed SelectShift Automatic™
- Heated sideview mirrors with LED signal indicators and security approach lamps
- SecuriCode™ keyless entry keypad
- Reverse sensing system
- Perimeter alarm
Explorer Limited includes all base and XLT content, plus:
- PowerFold® sideview mirrors with driver”s side memory
- Ambient lighting
- Adjustable pedals with memory functionality
- Cargo net
- Dual-zone electronic temperature control
- 10-way power driver”s seat, with power recline and lumbar
- Electrochromic interior mirror
- Rear view camera
- Remote start system
- 110-volt outlet
- MyFord Touch driver connect technology
- Sony Audio System with HD Radio.
- Intelligent Access with push-button start
- Universal garage door opener
– By: Omar Rana