General Motors has announced that it will build and sell a replica of its Camaro Indianapolis 500 Pace Car.
“We set out to build a collectible vehicle that will appeal to the die-hard Camaro and Indianapolis 500 fan,” said Jim Campbell, U.S. Vice President, Chevrolet Marketing. “We believe we”ve done just that with the 2010 Chevy Camaro Indianapolis 500 Pace Car Limited Edition.”
This limited edition replica includes all the features found on a top-of-the-line regular production Camaro SS, but adds some additional features unique to the actual pace car to be driven by Robin Roberts, anchor of “Good Morning America,” during the this year”s Indianapolis 500.
GM said it will build up to 200 replicas with a manufacturer suggested retail price of $41,950 (includes $850 Destination Freight Charge).
Based on a Camaro 2SS model with an RS appearance package, the replica includes the following content:
- 400 hp 6.2L V8
- 6-speed automatic transmission with remote start
- 20-inch polished aluminum wheels
- Full body White Pearl decal rally stripes
- Inferno Orange heritage front grille
- Inferno Orange engine cover
- Premium floor mats with accent colors
- 2010 Indianapolis 500 event logo decal on both doors and embroidered on driver and passenger headrests
- 2010 Indianapolis 500 event logo badges on front fenders
2010 Chevrolet Camaro SS 2010 Indianapolis 500 Pace Car:
– By: Omar Rana