- Key Competitors: Audi S4, Infiniti G37 S.
- Power: 3.0L twin-turbo N54 inline-6 – 320-hp / 332 lb-ft of torque.
- Transmission: 6-speed manual, 7-speed double-clutch transmission with launch control.
- Performance: 0-60 mph in 5 seconds flat.
- Availability: Spring 2010.
- Pricing: $50,525 for the 2011 BMW 335is Coupe, $59,075 for 2011 BMW 335is Convertible.
Our recent week-long affair with the 2010 Audi S4 almost made us forget about the BMW 335i (okay we’re definitely exaggerating – don’t kill us). Well, BMW now has an answer for the S4 and it is called the BMW 335is. While it still produces 13-hp less than the 2010 Audi S4, the BMW 335is still goes from 0-60 mph in 5 seconds – close to Audi S4’s 4.9 seconds.
That makes the two models pretty neck and neck until you pull out your checkbook because the 2011 BMW 335is costs about $5,000 more than the Audi S4.
We’ll see later this year if Audi’s S4 still has the edge over the 335is once we get to test-drive one.
2010 New York: 2010 BMW 335is:
All Photos Copyright © 2010 Omar Rana ““ egmCarTech.
– By: Omar Rana