Ferrari to bring two new models to U.S. to bolster sales

Maurizio Parlato, 47 and a 20-year Ferrari veteran, was let go after seven years as head of the company’s North American operations. His new replacementΒ Marco Mattiacci took over Jan. 1 at a time where U.S. sales were faltering with volume falling 14 percent to 1,467 in 2009. Sales were down 7 percent last year and employees were dropped by 182 to 2,835.

Dealers said that Ferrari has stopped sending new cars to dealer stocks and will only build cars for customers with signed contracts.

Mattiacci, 39, said that he has confidence in the brand’s heritage and lineup and pledges to continue the company’s marketing motto, which he defines as “exclusivity, exclusivity, exclusivity.”

He said that Ferrari of North America will get two new models. He didn’t say what the two new models will be.

– By: Omar Rana

Source: Automotive News (Subscription Required)