After suffering a 36 percent drop in U.S. sales last year, Chrysler today announced that it has named individual advertising agencies to manage Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and its Ram Truck brands.
“To establish a distinct identity and build upon the current brand equity, it is important that the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep and Ram Truck brands retain individual agencies that fit with the brand direction. This includes helping to further identify each of the brand”s specific values and culture. Individual agencies also will enable us to deliver unique ideas and broaden our reach to existing and potential customers,” said Olivier Francois, President and CEO, Chrysler Brand and Head of Marketing, Chrysler Group LLC. “We have completed a thorough search and have selected these specific agencies to communicate the true essence of our vehicle portfolio.”
Dodge has been assigned to Wieden + Kennedy, a Portland, Oregon-based agency responsible for Nike’s “Just Do It” campaign.
Click through for the press release.
Chrysler Group LLC Announces Advertising Agencies of Record for the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® and Ram Truck brands
– Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® and Ram Truck brands to have individual agencies to re-establish identity and enhance reputation in the automotive marketplace
Auburn Hills, Mich., Jan 6, 2010 – Chrysler Group LLC announced today that it has named individual advertising agencies to manage the Chrysler, Dodge, Jeep® and Ram Truck brands. The announcement comes as the contract with BBDO Detroit, the company’s current agency, ends this January.
The following agencies will lead the advertising development for each of the brands:
* The Chrysler brand has assigned, Fallon, a Publicis Groupe agency, based in Minneapolis, Minnesota, as its creative agency of record
* The Dodge brand has assigned Wieden + Kennedy, a Portland, Oregon-based agency, as its creative agency of record
* The Jeep brand has assigned GlobalHue, a Southfield, Michigan-based independent agency, as its creative agency of record
* The Ram Truck brand has assigned The Richards Group, a Dallas, Texas-based independent agency, as its creative agency of record
Last month, Chrysler Group also announced that UM will be the company”s new agency of record for media planning and buying, as well as retail advertising trafficking for the Ram Truck, Dodge, Chrysler and Jeep brands in the U.S., Canada and Mexico and Meredith Integrated Marketing will manage CRM initiatives for both the U.S. and Canada.
– By: Stephen Calogera