- Key Competitors: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG eDrive and Audi e-tron Concept.
- Power: 163-hp 1.5L 3-cylinder turbo-diesel and two electric-motors – 356-hp/590 lb-ft of torque.
- Performance: 0-62 mph in 4.8 seconds; top speed of 155 mph.
- Fuel-economy: Estimated at 63 mpg. In EV mode, the BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept can drive 31 miles of zero-emissions driving.
- Production plans: Hints at a future BMW supercar internally known as the Z10.
The BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept has landed in the United States. As far as production goes, the concept is reported to be a study of the production BMW Z10. The Z10 has been confirmed for production by many BMW executives, including the German automaker”s head of design, Adrian van Hooydonk.
Insiders say that the production Z10 could be powered by a 3.0L twin-turbo 6-cylinder making 450-hp and a maximum torque of 350 lb-ft.
We’ll have to wait and see what BMW plans on doing. Stay tuned.
Follow through for high-res photos from the show floor.
2009 LA: BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept:
All Photos Copyright © 2009 Omar Rana ““ egmCarTech.
BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept:
– By: Omar Rana