- Key Competitors: Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG eDrive and BMW Vision EfficientDynamics Concept.
- Power: 4 electric motors ““ two each at the front and rear axles ““ producing 313-hp/ 3,319 lb-ft of torque.
- Performance: 0-62 mph in 4.8 seconds; 37 mph to 75 mph in 4.1 seconds. Top speed comes in at 124 mph.
- Total Range: Driving range equals 154 miles on a full charge, which takes about 6 to 8 hours.
- Production: Nothing officially confirmed.
You may want to disregard the last bullet point because we just remembered that Audi of America’s President Johan de Nysschen told AutoWeek two months ago that an electric-vehicle based on the e-tron concept will debut in the U.S. in two to three years.
“I expect we will see running examples in the next 24 months,” de Nysschen said.
Stay tuned to see what Audi has planned on the electric-vehicle front.
Click through to see live high-res photos from LA.
2009 LA: Audi e-tron Concept:
All Photos Copyright © 2009 Kap Shah ““ egmCarTech.
Audi e-tron Concept:
– By: Kap Shah