- Key Competitors: Smart ForTwo.
- Power: New generation fuel-cell drive mated to an electric motor. Total output of 136-hp / 213 lb-ft of torque.
- Performance: 0-62 mph in 11 seconds; top speed of 105 mph.
- Fuel-economy: Estimated at 71 mpg.
- Availability: 100 units will come to the U.S., primarily in California, in early 2010.
- Pricing: TBA.
As a part of a test project, Mercedes-Benz will lease the first 200 units of the B-Class F-CELL. Of the 200 units, 100 will come to United States, mainly in SoCal in early 2010.
“They will go to private customers,” Thomas Weber, Daimler AG board member for r&d told Automotive News. “The cars will be leased, but terms have not been finalized. We are going into a small volume production and at least half will go to the United States as fast as they have enough infrastructure.”
Production has already started.
Make the jump for the live high-res pictures from LA.
2009 LA: 2010 Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL:
All Photos Copyright © 2009 Omar Rana ““ egmCarTech.
2010 Mercedes-Benz B-Class F-CELL:
– By: Stephen Calogera