- Key Competitors: Lexus LS Hybrid, Mercedes-Benz S400 Hybrid.
- Power: 4.4L V8 – 440-hp / 475 lb-ft of torque, 3-phase synchronous electric motor helps produce a total of 455-hp / 516 lb-ft.
- Transmission: 8-speed automatic transmission.
- Performance: 0-60 mph in just 4.8 seconds; top speed of 150 mph.
- Availability: Spring 2010.
- Pricing: TBA.
The large luxury hybrid sedan segment is heating up and Lexus’ LS Hybrid has some new competitors coming in from Germany. Joining the 2010 Mercedes-Benz S400 Hybrid, the new 2010 BMW ActiveHybrid 7 will hit markets in Spring 2010.
The mild-hybrid ActiveHybrid 7 achieves a 15 percent improvement in fuel-economy when compared to the 750i. Official EPA ratings will be available to market launch.
Oh and apparently, there is no smoking allowed inside the ActiveHybrid 7 – you know going with the whole keeping the earth safe and green theme and all.
Click through for live high-res pictures from LA.
2009 LA: 2010 BMW ActiveHybrid 7:
All Photos Copyright © 2009 Omar Rana ““ egmCarTech.
2010 BMW ActiveHybrid 7:
– By: Stephen Calogera