Ford announced today that its new 2010 Ford Taurus will be the official vehicle of the 2010 International CES show that will be held on Jan. 7-10 in Las Vegas.’
“The all-new Taurus is Ford”s technology flagship, offering more user-friendly technology to help keep you safe and connected than cars twice its price,” said Frank Davis, executive director Product Development. “And there”s no better venue to show it off than CES.”
FoMoCo’s CEO Alan Mulally will be delivering the opening keynote address at the 2010 CES show where Ford will also announce upgrades to its Ford SYNC system.
The 2010 Ford Taurus is available at dealerships nationwide with prices starting at $25,995.
Click through for more information in the press release.
Review: 2010 Ford Taurus SHO:
All Photos Copyright © 2009 Omar Rana ““ egmCarTech.
FORD TAURUS ““ AMERICA’S MOST INNOVATIVE SEDAN ““ NAMED “OFFICIAL CAR” OF THE 2010 INTERNATIONAL CES
* The 2010 Ford Taurus will be the official car of the 2010 International CES®, to be held Jan. 7-10 in Las Vegas
* The all-new Taurus is a perfect fit for CES ““ it offers 10 class-exclusive technologies not available from any other manufacturer
* The Ford Taurus offers more user-friendly technology than other cars twice its price
NEW YORK, Nov. 10, 2009 ““ The smartest full-size sedan in America, the hot-selling 2010 Ford Taurus, will be the official vehicle of the 2010 International CES (Consumer Electronics Show®), to be held Jan. 7-10 in Las Vegas.
Ford President and Chief Executive Officer Alan Mulally will deliver the opening keynote address at CES, where Ford also will announce enhancements to its award-winning Ford SYNC® communications and entertainment system as well as new technology that builds on the company”s connected-car leadership position.
As the official car of CES, the Ford Taurus will be featured prominently with technology demonstrations and in signage, brochures and other written materials at the show.
“Consumers demand the latest on-the-go innovation in their cars. Ford automobiles are built with cutting-edge technology that makes driving safer and more enjoyable,” said Gary Shapiro, president and CEO of the Consumer Electronics Association® (CEA), producer of the International CES. “We are thrilled to welcome Ford to the 2010 International CES and to name the new Ford Taurus as the “˜Official Car of CES.” We also look forward to hearing Ford”s Alan Mulally kick off the 2010 CES with his opening keynote address on Thursday, Jan. 7.”
As Davis notes, the all-new Ford Taurus is a perfect fit for CES ““ the world”s largest consumer technology trade show for the $172 billion U.S. consumer electronics industry. In addition to its expressive styling, the vehicle is loaded with advanced features, making it a virtual dream come true for avid techies.
“The Ford Taurus has 10 class-exclusive features not available from any other manufacturer,” said Davis. “This vehicle offers it all ““ from Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion™ that are designed to reduce fatigue on long-distance drives to a voice-activated navigation system that can tell you real-time traffic and weather information, and even where to find the cheapest gas.”
The Taurus also offers the latest application of SYNC ““ Traffic, Directions & Information ““ along with 911 Assist™ and Vehicle Health Report. SYNC”s USB port and Bluetooth capability connects to MP3 players, memory sticks and smartphones, making them accessible by voice control ““ a more convenient and safe way to use these devices in the car.
For techies with teenaged drivers, Taurus offers MyKey™, a feature that allows parents to program a key that can limit the vehicle”s top speed and audio volume to encourage teens to drive safer and improve fuel efficiency.
In addition to Multi-Contour Seats with Active Motion, voice-activated navigation, SYNC and MyKey, other class-exclusive technologies available on the Ford Taurus include:
* EasyFuel® Capless Fuel-Filler ““ a self-seal system without a traditional fuel cap. No lost, dangling, or spinning caps. It seals automatically, every time.
* SecuriCode™ Keyless Entry Keypad ““ a feature that allows you to unlock the driver”s door by entering a five-digit code via a flush-mounted keypad
* Adaptive Cruise Control and Collision Warning with Brake Support ““ a feature that allows you to set a cruising speed and uses radar technology to automatically adjust your speed and warn you if you”re getting too close to the vehicle in front of you
* Blind Spot Information System (BLIS®) with Cross Traffic Alert ““ a feature that uses radar technology to warn you of vehicles in your blind spot and alert you to oncoming traffic when you”re backing out of a parking spot
* Sony Audio® System ““ a surround sound system that delivers Dolby® Digital 5.1 sound through 12 high-quality Sony speakers
* Available EcoBoost™ V-6 ““ a 3.5-liter twin-turbo V-6 engine that delivers the output of a V-8, 365 horsepower, without compromising its V-6 fuel economy
According to Davis, all of the technology offered on the Ford Taurus is sweetened by the vehicle”s price.
“Even the most zealous techies are careful with their money,” he said. “Taurus offers an unprecedented array of technologies typically reserved for luxury cars at a price that is affordable.”
In addition to being named official vehicle of the 2010 International CES, the 2010 Ford Taurus SHO was dubbed Esquire magazine”s first-ever “Car of the Year.”
– By: Omar Rana