– Key Competitors: Upcoming production Honda CR-Z hybrid.
– Power: 98-hp 1.8L mated to Hybrid Synergy Drive System.
– Performance: 0 to 62 mph in 10 seconds.
– Fuel-Economy: Official figures not confirmed; Co2 emissions below 100 g/km. EV mode allows it to travel for up to 1.2 miles on battery power at speeds of up to 31 mph.
– Production Possibility: Sales begin in mid-2010.
Yes, we’re still cleaning some of our desks off with some Frankfurt Motor Show coverage so expect a couple of posts here and there from the show. Moving forward, Toyota revealed its new Auris HSD Full Hybrid Concept yesterday.
The drivetrain is based on that of the Toyota Prius. Toyota has yet to confirm official fuel-economy figures but says that the Auris HSD Full Hybrid can travel up to 1.2 miles on battery power alone at speeds of up to 31 mph.
The model also features dash-top mounted solar panels that generate enough power to recharge your cell phone, mp3 players, which we though was a pretty cool option.
Check out more photos after the jump.
2009 Frankfurt: Toyota Auris HSD Full Hybrid Concept:
Toyota Auris HSD Full Hybrid Concept:
– By: Omar Rana