– Key Competitors: Bentley Continental.
– Engine: 6.6L V12 twin-turbo – 563-hp/575 lb-ft of torque.
– Transmission: 8-speed ZF automatic gearbox.
– Performance: 0 to 60 mph comes in just 4.7 seconds; Top-speed of 155 mph.
– Fuel-Economy: Estimated at 17 mpg.
– Pricing: Between €200,000 and €300,00. $245,000 in the U.S.
The Rolls-Royce Ghost is not an apparition – it is actually a fairly affordable Rolls-Royce for those not looking to spend more than $250,000 on a car, yet still want to enjoy the exclusive things that life has to offer.
Since the Bentley Continental starts at $177,600, the decision to price the Ghost at $245,000 was a “quite deliberate” says Paul Newton, an analyst for IHS Global Insight.
It’s basically a recession-ready Rolls-Royce.
Click through for the high-res image gallery.
2009 Frankfurt: 2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost:
2011 Rolls-Royce Ghost:
– By: Omar Rana